• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Homesick??

Kel

I have an 18 month old that outgrew her last Rubbermaid-type container. I put her into her first "proper" viv (wooden with glass sliding doors on the front) a week ago and her behaviour has changed.

Where she used to be very active, she now just sits on top of a piece of cork bark under some plastic foliage. She usually appeared interested when I opened the Rubbermaid container, but now she doesn't even lift her head to look when I open the viv door.

I transferred some of the pots/bark from the old viv, unwashed for the moment, so that she'd have familiar smells around her. I made sure that the temp gradients are the same in the new viv as the old one. The new viv is in the same room as the old one, so there's no change in the ambient temperature, difference in outside noise/movement etc. I basically did all the things I've always done when moving Corns to a new viv and have never had a problem before.

She's still eating as before, hasn't regurged, I've seen her drink and her faeces look normal. However, when I pick her up she feels very slightly more limp than usual. Call me soppy, but she seems "depressed", for want of a better description.

I'm off to a good local reptile vet with her in a couple of days just to be sure, but can anybody suggest what might be going on? Has she just been upset by the change in surroundings?

Similar thing here...just upgraded my snake from his little plastic box to a full sized viv, and all he does is hide in the substrate :( I think he is just taking a while to get used to it, he probably comes out at night when I am asleep.

I am sure you will both find sooner rather than later the little fellas will spring to life

When I moved my corn into her viv, she HATED it! She was striking at the glass non stop for at least an hour! It was kinda scary :(

Well, sounds like she might just need time to adjust. Off to the vet tomorrow anyway, just to be sure. Thanks everyone!

Back