• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hookie

SWINGRRRR

I need/want a 'Cane
Hes finally home. Thanks goes out to Brad Lichtenhan of Austin. I put him in his tub and I can tell he's going to be feisty.
Snake038.jpg

Snake037.jpg

Snake036.jpg

Oh, wow, he's fantastic! Congrats on finally getting him, I know you've been looking forward to this. ^_^

Thanks guys. Hopefully hell be in the WIR for this week. I am not messing with him, at all. Trying to let him settle in. I want to hold him though. Alot.

Welp, he bit me. My first. Even the big boy hasn't bit me yet. I have 2 little pins holes in my finger. I was changing his papertowl, and water, and he tagged me. Hes in a clear tub, and he was even striking at the sides when I was closing it.

Being that he is so new, should I try to hold him, or just keep waiting the week for him to calm down?

Give him is designated 3 days of peace. If he won't feed for you leave him alone a little longer then that.

I generally don't handle hatchings/"babies" that much. I prefer to handle them once they're a bit larger and not quite so squirmy. It's hard to wait until they're more established when they're so pretty though!

If he's a feisty fellow clamp down his tub. If not for any reason other then "better safe than sorry". Feisty snakes seem to be the ones determine enough to get out of their tubs. Expensive snakes seem double as likely to escape. :cry:

I have no doubt about the tub. It locks pretty good. I still put a pillow case over 1/2 of it, trying to block some light.
I will try to feed him on Sat. That way he'll be on Big Boys (Jor El's) schedule, and it will give him just about a full week by himself. He has pooped, the 2nd day he was here. He bit me while I was changing the paper towel. :(

Just a little update. He got held a little today. Just about 2-3 minutes. I had to slide him into a Macaroni box cut in half, then onto a flat palm. Hes still very very pissy. He tracked my finger at about 8 inches or so. I know any closer or longer, he would have struck.
Hes getting fed tomorrow, and then hopefully another holding session on Wed's.

Im kinda Bogarting this thread.
He got holding session #2 today. A full 5 minutes. I have been so busy the past week with school and work, all I have time for is PT changes and water changes. I plan to hold him again tomorrow for another 5 minutes, then Monday is feeding day. He bit me, again, on the thumb. It didnt hurt, but it happens so fast, thats the part I dont like. If he would just speak up, "Hey, Imma bite you real quick. OK?" so I can somewhat prepare, it would not be that bad.
Snake040.jpg

Snake039.jpg

SWINGRRRR said:
... If he would just speak up, "Hey, Imma bite you real quick. OK?" so I can somewhat prepare...

Since he tries and/or does manage to bite you every time, you should just expect that he will bite you every time you go to hold him. That way you're always prepared. :grin01:

Very cool looking little fella!
:cheers:

Fizzlefry22 said:
Since he tries and/or does manage to bite you every time, you should just expect that he will bite you every time you go to hold him. That way you're always prepared. :grin01:

Very cool looking little fella!
:cheers:
I do expect it, I just am not happy about it.

Thanks all for the great comments.

He got held again today. Didn't bite anyone that held him. He "S'd" up a couple of times, but not even 1 strike.
And he got a new G/F from Daytona.
Hes on the left, Tookie on the right.
PAIR.jpg

Got held again today. He was great. I was surprised. When I opened his tub, he seemed a little pissy, but I just reached right in and picked him up. No drama at all. The entire time holding him, he never once indicated that he may strike. Also got some pics of him outside in the clear.
Snake080.jpg

Snake081.jpg

Back