• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hope I did the cage right?

gypsygirl

This is Precious's cage, could you please tell me if I did it right. If not please give me idea's how it should be done.

Thanks so much for the help guys.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 199
HI...Great job for your first try!!! Is there a hide place? Just remember that some snakes love to climb in those plants and they do fall down. I have similar cages too and I dont mind the extra time on full clean days. I want them to have as much of a natural setting as I can get them.
PJ & Jay :wavey:

As mentioned above it doesn't look as though there are any hides for your snake... although it could take to burrowing or perhaps go Swiss Family "tree house" style it's also nice to have a small enclosed space on both sides of your viv. It could be as simple as running a paper towel tube along the length of the tank, or if you want to keep up with the "nature" look perhaps some store bought item.

Looks great, the cage is beautifully designed, just might want to find a way to create a few more hiding spots for your little guy.

Thanks

I wanted Precious to have as many places to go so she wouldn't get board. More cleaning for me, but she is worth it. Plus I can look at it and daydream about being somewhere else instead of home. :rofl:

Beautifully done!! As mentioned above, hides are a necessity. Other than that, you have a lucky snakey!!!

Oh, what type of substrate are you using? And do you have a thermometer and hydrometer?

Edit!!!

I now see that you do have a thermometer. However, the stick on kinds are not the best to use only because they do not give an accurate reading of the substrate temperature. Thermometers with probes are the best! Just a tip ;)

I use Ego Earth and I have just ordered a Fluker's Digital Thermo-Hygrometer from DrsFosterSmith.com, should be here in a couple of days. I do have a hide on the cool side, but I am going to get one for the warm side. I listened to the Pet store on the Thermometer they said all I needed was the stick on. Won't be doing that again. I want to thank all of you for helping me get things right.

hi i just got my first corn in jan and the pet shop sold me stick on temp and told me to leave on the heat mat all the time then i looked on this site and see that it was wrong i tested the temp on the floor and even though the temp gauge said a nice 80f stuck to the side on the floor it was a hot hot hot 103f big mistake you should double check what the pet shop says as they are not always right viv looks great sure your corn will love it :dancer:

Back