• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hopefully getting first snake today!

Phantom Pain

Haha like the title implies there is a good possibility I'm getting my first corn today. Ive been reading about keeping them non stop and I did every thing I needed to do to set up the cage. So all thats left is the snake its self I'm either getting a blizzard or a striped I havent decide yet :). But as soon as my new friend is settled in his or her home I'll be sure to take some pictures:)

First off stripes look wicked wicked cool! Sorry had to throw that in being from Jersey myself!

If your temps, humidity levels, 2 hides, water dish, corn safe bedding and very secure cage/tank are good to go than I cannot wait to see what you decide on.

Best Wishes!

I think jersey has the Eye-Color Law for corns though. Where it has to have black or red eyes but not the other. Don't really remember. None the less Its always fun getting your first one and learning all the little quirks they have. I cannot wait to start buying corns again. I miss mine so much :(

Oh and Pics, definately pics!

NJ actually published a list of specific morphs that are approved. By default, all others are illegal. I'm a crappy searcher (you should see my desk) but it's here, cuz I've seen it at least twice.

Good luck!

I am curious as to where in NJ you're managing to get a stripe or a blizzard, as I've gone out of state for both of my corns.

...*cough*Not that I live in NJ or anything with two corns of the wrong eye color.

The info is listed here:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/pet-dealer_info.pdf
^^^ I practically have that site memorized...

Corn snakes are an Endangered Species in the state of New Jersey. Posession or sale of any other color morphs, other than thoselisted could result in fines, penalties, and/or possible revocation of your permit. The only color morpsh that are legal to possess and/or sell are the following:
Red Albino (Amelanistic), Lavender, Candy Cane, Butter, Blizzard, Snow, Creamsicle, Pearl, Sunglow

Of course my snakes are legal in the state of NJ..:poke::poke: hehehe

but if you plan on getting a stripe you might want to look for a breeder..there are plenty of nice people on this forum that have great hatchlings they are selling..best of luck to you no matter what ya get :0)

Welcome to the herpaculture world! I say stripe because they look REALLY cool and if you ever bread him/her with a new corn, the baby's would be worth a lot of money.

Ok so I just got back from the store where my friend works and it turns out that I miss read the sign it read "Albino Stripe" so it has the red eye requirement. :) I decided on going with that one and I'm not sure what gender it is though. When I brought "him" home "he" was more then willing to search around "his" new home so I'm just going to let "him" be awhile so gets used to his surroundings. Oh and I have decide on calling "him" Orochimaru
because I'm really hoping its a male cause I think that name is cool, Orochi means large snake in japanese and the full name is that of a character from one of my favorite books. I can tell already I'm going to enjoy keeping snakes already so if every things work out well I'm sure there will be many more snakes in the future :dancer:

Orochimaru is such a perfect name!
I've been meaning to read the books, I've watched a lot of the fan-subs but ever since it started airing on YTV, the poor dubbing job has ruined all my interest in following the story.

Back