• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hoping for a Rainbow of Florida Kings

Snakehead

Bite Me! It's ok
P1060361.jpg

P1060362-b.jpg

P1060375.jpg

P1060360.jpg

P1060359-b.jpg

P1050972.jpg

P1060050-b.jpg

P1060063.jpg

P1060316-b.jpg

P1060377-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Nanci! This is the first year for all of them, so I'm biting my nails in anticipation. Once the initial introduction is made I tend to relax. I have even left them overnight if I see they are getting to business. I still get nervous though. I had speckled Kings eat each other years ago, so I don't keep them together anymore, but some Florida King guys swear they keep them in groups and never have a problem, lol. :eatsmiley

I am pretty positive my female would eat another snake her size, or try. I took a picture of the two FKs and my Appalachicola all together and got one fast picture before she made a lunge for Jewel. What weights are your adults weighing in at?

I am pretty positive my female would eat another snake her size, or try. I took a picture of the two FKs and my Appalachicola all together and got one fast picture before she made a lunge for Jewel. What weights are your adults weighing in at?

I haven't weighed them, but they are all right at 3feet, except a trio of normal Brooks, which are closer to 4 1/2 or 5 feet. The normal Brooks I got last year as proven breeders, they have already laid eggs. I mated one with a Sulfur het for Lavender which are in picture 6, and 7, but I got only 5 good eggs. The same male was bred to the snow in pics, 4, and 5. I am anxiously awaiting her to lay. He's also been with one of my female Sulfur Lavenders not pictured in any of these. I really hope I get some bebies from her.

The guys who keep their FK's together say they place them together during brumation so as they warm up they are already used to each other. I'm not brave enough to try it.

Those are some very nice looking snakes you have there. I love the Anery! It looks like it's made of marble, or cookies-n-cream even, lol.

Good luck with all of the eggs and hatchlings!

So pretty! I have come to love the variability in Florida Kings. What morph is the white-ish colored one in the first pic (the one more on the right side)

Those are some very nice looking snakes you have there. I love the Anery! It looks like it's made of marble, or cookies-n-cream even, lol.

Good luck with all of the eggs and hatchlings!

Thank you Michael! That one is actually a Ghost, so technically a hypo anery. But I think these guys are Axanthic, which is similar to anery. If I remember correctly Anery is lacking red, and Axanthic is lacking Yellow? I get them confused, but it does look like cookies-n-cream a bit, lol. Not to toot my own horn, but he is one of the lightest ghost Brooks I've seen yet.

So pretty! I have come to love the variability in Florida Kings. What morph is the white-ish colored one in the first pic (the one more on the right side)

That one in the first pic is a Ghost, and his girlfriend is a hypo het Axanthic from the same line, so I should in theory get 50% like him and 50% like her. I just hope I get something, lol. Thanks for your comments Heather!

Thank you Michael! That one is actually a Ghost, so technically a hypo anery. But I think these guys are Axanthic, which is similar to anery. If I remember correctly Anery is lacking red, and Axanthic is lacking Yellow? I get them confused, but it does look like cookies-n-cream a bit, lol. Not to toot my own horn, but he is one of the lightest ghost Brooks I've seen yet.
Oops! You're right about the Anery/Axanthic, my bad. So used to calling it Anery, but without them having red, you'd be correct. And that makes sense that he's a ghost, because he is super light... so toot away, lol. I would too!

I saw an adult Axanthic Brooks at a reptile show a couple of years ago, and I was floored. He wasn't as light as yours, but he was still one of the nicest looking snakes I'd ever seen in person. Yours looks even nicer, though!

Oops! You're right about the Anery/Axanthic, my bad. So used to calling it Anery, but without them having red, you'd be correct. And that makes sense that he's a ghost, because he is super light... so toot away, lol. I would too!

I saw an adult Axanthic Brooks at a reptile show a couple of years ago, and I was floored. He wasn't as light as yours, but he was still one of the nicest looking snakes I'd ever seen in person. Yours looks even nicer, though!

Yeah they do look better in person. I love Florida Kings, and I love Gray Bands too. I see you have a nice one as your Avitar. Do you have more

Yeah they do look better in person. I love Florida Kings, and I love Gray Bands too. I see you have a nice one as your Avitar. Do you have more
Thank you! He's actually my only Gray Band (so far). I've wanted a female for a while, but I haven't found the right one at the right price yet. They all seem to be so different in color and pattern, and the only one that really caught my eye, like he did, was far more expensive than I could have afforded. I feel like I just kinda' lucked out with finding him.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93943&highlight=king

^^Here's an older thread of him... it shows his full body.

I love the Florida kings, especially the morphed ones. I like all the kings and milks, but unfortunately, I have extremely bad luck with them. Guess I have to stick to my corns.

Awesome looking snakes. Were you breeding for any morph/s?

Right now I'm hoping for Ghost, Hypos, Snows, Sulfur Lavenders, Pink Pearls, and if my triple hets get big enough by Summer I may have Peanut Butters, and Axanthics, but it looks like those will most likely have to wait till next year?

Thank you! He's actually my only Gray Band (so far). I've wanted a female for a while, but I haven't found the right one at the right price yet. They all seem to be so different in color and pattern, and the only one that really caught my eye, like he did, was far more expensive than I could have afforded. I feel like I just kinda' lucked out with finding him.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93943&highlight=king

^^Here's an older thread of him... it shows his full body.

I can see why you liked him! That's a very nice Blairs, and I like his freckly face too! I think I will have to wait till next year to breed my two largest ones. They are two years old but still a bit small.

Back