• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hoppers?

metallica fish

i read on the MUNSONPLAN.. that i should be feeding my snake hoppers...

it is 64g...

what are they?:awcrap:

can i order them off the internet?

cheers
fish

Hoppers are mice that are about 10-14 days old. They look like fuzzies, but with a fuller coat. Hoppers kind of jump around when they're excited which is where they get their name. You can get them off the Internet for sure, a lot of people here use rodentpro.com, although I would recommend themousefactory.com because of good rate, awesome quality and good service. Shop around for yourself if you want, and keep in mind that the munson plan is good, but if you're snake isn't large enough you shouldn't force a bigger size prey (although 64 grams is probably large enough).

I don't know about a UK site but you REALLY shouldn't feed live mice... They can bite and claw in defense and cause some serious injuries to your snake, not to mention the fact that they take much more care than frozen / thawed. Please switch over to frozen / thawed for the safety and health of your snake.

i thought most people feed their snake live mice here?

and what about other larger constricting snakes? do they eat frozen food?

Im pretty sure 99% of us here feed frozen/thawed. Its much safer as Mallof said. Larger snakes are fed the appropriate sized prey but thawed, not frozen. Make extra note that they are FULLY thawed inside and out.

I think you will find the vast majority only feed live to snakes that will not eat F/T mice. I have 2 snakes out of 34 that eat live, but I'd be much happier if I could convert them. I'd recommend F/T if possible, mice can and will bite and can cause injury.

Our Amel has some pretty bad scarring on the top of her head and we suspect it was because her previous owners were feeding her two adult sized mice live. I'm thinking she had probably been bit before.

Back