• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Housing for 2008s

asymons

The Lab Rat
Hey guys! So I was getting ready to set up my 16qt sterilites (I have 2 corns coming on on Tuesday) and looking online for a cheap shelving when I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Oscar-Tom-Aqu...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1233884237&sr=8-1

The jumbo size is the about the same size as the 16qt sterilites (an inch longer than them, actually: 17 1/2" x 11 3/4" x 6 3/4") and obviously the lid is a bit more secure, and pre-ventilated. Since these are relatively cheap (I can have the two I need shipped for $28, which I am fine with), I'm considering ordering these.

My question is-- do you think these are secure enough? I could always put a book on the little window on top, and it's nice that these are slightly elevated for for the UTH.

Let me know what you guys think! :) I just wanna say thanks in advance and for past help-- this forum and the people on it are absolutely invaluable. :cheers:

Thankies!

Ashley,
This what I use for many of my wee snakes. I keep everything that is under 150 grams in them (around 20 snakes) . Then they move up to a larger container. I like them and never had an escape out of one of these.

I was lucky and someone we knew gave us a whole bunch of them.

Perfect! Thanks for replying so quickly-- I'm ordering them right now. :) I might get rid of my 10gal as well for now to save space (Cornelius doesn't seem to like climbing very high anyway). :happydance: :D

Best part about them is that they are stackable as well.

lol keep the 10 gallon and get a gecko or a pacman frog. ;)

Haha, don't tempt me! I think it's going into storage for now.

The fact that it's stackable is 10x better! I was hoping! Although, do you still use UTHs? Or do you mount them on the side?

PS-- even if those were cheaper, I'm crying on the inside at the amount of money I just spent on UTHs, thermostats and furnishing. gah. Why do I always find myself caught up in these expensive hobbies?!

Ah, I see. :) Does you (or anyone for that matter) suppose it's safe to attach the UTH? It is plastic, but 80 degrees certainly shouldn't melt anything!

Ah, I see. :) Does you (or anyone for that matter) suppose it's safe to attach the UTH? It is plastic, but 80 degrees certainly shouldn't melt anything!
If you do, use a rheostat to regulate the temps. Like I stated, I do not use any heaters on my containers.

Back