• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Big is TOO big?

HadesBP18

Poopsy Woopsy Luver
Okay, another question. I decided that maybe I didn't like how small the rubbermaid shoebox I had was. So, in my search around the house I found a 50qt. container. Is this too big for a small cornsnake?

!!??what is to big??!!

I house my Corn in a 30 gallon containment which is 120quarts, and that is for one snake, it should hold her, her whole life. but i do not think that your enclosure is to large. :p

Ok, that REALLY makes me feel better. I forgot one other question I had. How do I go about making air holes for him to breathe? I heard a soldering iron and I think I may be able to get my tech teacher to do it for me. Then someone told me that it would be a bad idea to try to melt holes in it and that I should drill it. But if not at school I was hoping to find some way to do it at home. My dad is a mechanic and has a lot of tools in the garage, so is there something I can use out there?

I don't think that is at all too big...good and roomy...shouldn't bother your snake at all...as long as hides are accessible...

Mangrove...a 50qt tub and a 30gal (120qt.) aquarium are MUCH different...
I would wager that the 50qt. tub has more area on the bottom than your entire tank...I keep my adults in 31qt.tubs...or at LEAST a 20L tank (80 qt.)...there is actually more floor space in the tubs...

I've used soldering iron and drills...
Both work great...depending on the type of container...a drill may crack it if you apply to much pressure...just be careful...

Back