• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how big should a snake be around this time?

hediki

i luv them all.
hey there i was wondering about how big is a 05' around this time to april? because i realy dont want anything small and wimpy so i want to have an idea of how big its gonna be? like compare it with like a pinky or a ruler or something pics would be nice :cheers:

a 2005 is anywhere from 1 to 13 months old right now so that's the difference between taking it's first meal and perhaps 200g and 3½ foot.

Honestly though, you've been around here long enough to know simple stuff like this so why are you asking?

princess said:
Honestly though, you've been around here long enough to know simple stuff like this so why are you asking?

Good question. I think he likes/needs the interaction with people on this forum. I think his actual interest in this hobby is minimal. Sorry to put it so bluntly, Hediki, but that's how I'm seeing it. :(

OK I'm going to get accused of flaming here but I have to agree with you 100% Dean. Hediki (she's a she by the way!) has been 'active' on the forums for over a year now and still doesn't own a corn but feels entitled to answer husbandry, feeding, health, genetics...even breeding questions on a regular basis yet throws out doosie questions like this one. I have to agree with you that it's a need to interact and feel like part of the club but unfortunately missing the mark as to the whole point of this site...it's for cornsnake enthusiasts. Granted it's a great resource for people to find info BEFORE buying their first snake...but one would assume that that snake purchase would actually occur within a reasonable period and we wouldn't have the whole hoopla of a person who has never owned one of these creatures doling out advice.

OK, rant over! :rolleyes:

princess said:
OK I'm going to get accused of flaming here but I have to agree with you 100% Dean. Hediki (she's a she by the way!) has been 'active' on the forums for over a year now and still doesn't own a corn but feels entitled to answer husbandry, feeding, health, genetics...even breeding questions on a regular basis yet throws out doosie questions like this one. I have to agree with you that it's a need to interact and feel like part of the club but unfortunately missing the mark as to the whole point of this site...it's for cornsnake enthusiasts. Granted it's a great resource for people to find info BEFORE buying their first snake...but one would assume that that snake purchase would actually occur within a reasonable period and we wouldn't have the whole hoopla of a person who has never owned one of these creatures doling out advice.

OK, rant over! :rolleyes:

I thought Giovanni was a man's name. Or is that the author of the sig line quotation?

princess said:
OK I'm going to get accused of flaming here but I have to agree with you 100% Dean. Hediki (she's a she by the way!).
.................... I'm a........ guy.............
:bang: . if you notice recently for about a half year i haven't been posting allot nor reading so guess I've missed out on some stuff. and I've never owned more than one snake and the same time, that were the same age so i have no bloody idea what there size is suppose to be around 6-8 months. I'm sorry if its to hard for you to just estimate. from your experiences with snakes that shouldn't be a problem. or you can just simply say if you don't know " hediki just buy something that looks healthy and you feed it up to a appropriate size.". i never answered breeding questions with out making sure I'm sure its right, i never answer any question with out making sure i have my info correct and if i may have place faulty info i apologize and just point it out to me. and i don't recall anyone say my info was wrong just that i shouldn't be giving it. and if it means me being like yous for me to have this as a hobby i don't want it. i love reptiles and I've made the decision to work with them for a living (and not by breeding them). so I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on. and being sceptical about the snake is not that i don't want it but I'm dumping almost 200 bucks into this pets. i just don't want my parents to prove them selves right about me, nor loose 200 bucks and have to give t away. i rather be certain I'll enjoy every cent. and i just want a pet. not to be a hobbyist, at least not yet. just because you own and breed snakes doesnt make you special.

i cant take this... :sidestep:

hediki said:
.................... I'm a........ guy.............
:bang: . if you notice recently for about a half year i haven't been posting allot nor reading so guess I've missed out on some stuff. and I've never owned more than one snake and the same time, that were the same age so i have no bloody idea what there size is suppose to be around 6-8 months. I'm sorry if its to hard for you to just estimate. from your experiences with snakes that shouldn't be a problem. or you can just simply say if you don't know " hediki just buy something that looks healthy and you feed it up to a appropriate size.". i never answered breeding questions with out making sure I'm sure its right, i never answer any question with out making sure i have my info correct and if i may have place faulty info i apologize and just point it out to me. and i don't recall anyone say my info was wrong just that i shouldn't be giving it. and if it means me being like yous for me to have this as a hobby i don't want it. i love reptiles and I've made the decision to work with them for a living (and not by breeding them). so I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on. and being sceptical about the snake is not that i don't want it but I'm dumping almost 200 bucks into this pets. i just don't want my parents to prove them selves right about me, nor loose 200 bucks and have to give t away. i rather be certain I'll enjoy every cent. and i just want a pet. not to be a hobbyist, at least not yet. just because you own and breed snakes doesnt make you special.

i cant take this... :sidestep:

I really didn't mean to offend you, man. :(

Dean your so mean :eek1: lol We are all friendly here. I'm sure he will come back.

Second you should have said in answer to his question...

"As many mice I can shove down the snakes throat with my Popsicle stick". :grin01:

I would say that if you get the snake from a reputed breeder then you shouldn't have to worry about the health as much :D (& I am only buying my snakes as pets too). :cheers:

:-offtopic
I have to admit that every time I buy a snake about 15 minutes later I get this hit in my gut like "what did I just do!" but it goes away lol.

its just that i try to do something to show people I've been learning and i like snake etc but everything i do must be criticized i guess it the real world :rolleyes: lol. i mean I'll get over it. and your 35 weren't you taught you shouldn't do anything to make you have regrets, or that you should think before you speak. lol. well i mean i can survive with out a snake for now i guess. i just don't think I'm ready for one.... and in a 08' I'll be off to coledge so i cant carry it with me.. just the whole contradiction, one minute I'm not suppose to give advice that ive learn now I'm suppose to live by it... lol :cheers: :twoguns: :twoguns: :dgrin:

Just to say this about size. They all grow a little differently so even siblings can vary. My three locality Okeetees are similar in size, but vary by about an inch. My 03' aztec female and my 03' amel male are only about 3 months apart in age yet he is almost 4 ft and over 600 grams, and she is about 3 1/2 ft. and about 340 grams. You can see the big difference. I also have an Aztec female that was sold to me as an 04'' (I still think she's an 05') and she's only 24" and maybe 50 grams. You can see the vast difference between all of them. As long as it's healthy and eating well, I wouldn't worry about size too much.

hediki said:
i just don't think I'm ready for one.... and in a 08' I'll be off to coledge so i cant carry it with me...

I think this may be the smartest, then you don't have to worry about who will be taking care of it and what not. Just think, when you get your own place you can fill it to the ceilings with snakes if you want :D

And you are ALWAYS welcome here. I wouldn't ever take anything that anyone said around here in joking to heart :D

hediki said:
its just that i try to do something to show people I've been learning and i like snake etc but everything i do must be criticized i guess it the real world :rolleyes: lol. i mean I'll get over it. and your 35 weren't you taught you shouldn't do anything to make you have regrets, or that you should think before you speak. lol. well i mean i can survive with out a snake for now i guess. i just don't think I'm ready for one.... and in a 08' I'll be off to coledge so i cant carry it with me.. just the whole contradiction, one minute I'm not suppose to give advice that ive learn now I'm suppose to live by it... lol :cheers: :twoguns: :twoguns: :dgrin:

This expression of your thought process was what I was asking for in your "hold back" thread. I think you're on the right track in analyzing the situation this way.

I also think that your interest in corns is sufficient reason to participate here. But I would caution you to avoid giving advice on topics with which you have no personal experience. I may not always give great advice, but the advice I give has been tested by me personally. I've never had an egg-bound snake, so you won't see me giving advice on treatment, despite the fact that I have read a lot about remedying the condition. I lurk on some venomous snake forums, because I'm fascinated with venomous species. But I will never own one, so I'm unlikely to post myself. And you'd NEVER see me give advice, even if I've read advice corroborated by 100 sources.

and your 35 weren't you taught you shouldn't do anything to make you have regrets, or that you should think before you speak.

If I understand what you're saying here, then my answer is no. I was never taught that I shouldn't do anything that I might regret later. How would you ever leave your bed thinking this way? And if the 'thinking before speaking' comment is intended to be an insult, I would advise you not to pick fights that you have no chance of winning. :)

hediki said:
its just that i try to do something to show people I've been learning

Just a tip, if you want to be taken seriously, using correct spelling and grammar will go a long way toward achieving that end.

Roy Munson said:
I was never taught that I shouldn't do anything that I might regret later. How would you ever leave your bed thinking this way? And if the 'thinking before speaking' comment is intended to be an insult, I would advise you not to pick fights that you have no chance of winning. :)

Hell there's all kinds of things that I regret doing & not doing. the worst regret is the NOT DOING. So I try almost anything once.

But there are some things you just KNOW that you won't like. :D

BeckyG said:
Just a tip, if you want to be taken seriously, using correct spelling and grammar will go a long way toward achieving that end.

YES EXACTLY!!! I think th eonly reason i am still reading these posts still is for a laugh and to excersize my brain by trying to decipher his writing.

I don't know how that Dean guy has time to post about this stuff. Shouldn't you be stuffing mice down your snakes throats right about now, Dean?

I mean really, picking on someone half your age---tsk tsk.

Back