• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How big?

Inked_lil_girl

So Ziggy my 05 snow I think is coming a long very nice and I took it out into the sun and saw some lovly green starting to show up. I can’t wait too see the color after the next shed. Anyway, I’m thinking I wanna get Ziggy sex soon. Whats a good size? Ziggy is just now over 21inches. I got a new baby boy yesturday. He’s a I guess Het. Snow? (I not to good with morphs and all that) I guess he’s a like a normal Het. Snow. I just saw him and kept coming back and had to get him. Here’s a pic. I didn’t know how big Ziggy was till I got this little guy.

PS is Ziggy to small to take a guess from a tail shot?

174334581_l.jpg

This is Vito!

That's an anery, and if it's het snow, that means he's het amel.

Tail pictures for hatchlings are not accurate at all.

uh sorry he's and 04 not 05

Joejr14 said:
That's an anery, and if it's het snow, that means he's het amel.

Tail pictures for hatchlings are not accurate at all.

Opp’s my bad Ziggy is an 04 not an 05 gezz I’m dumb. It took me a long time before I new that. But that little guy Vito is an 05. Ziggy is 21”+ I think he’s be a monster if he was an 05. Lol But thanks.

So from what your saying he’s an Anery? A Het Amel if he’s a Het snow? I don’t plan on breeding I just like to know.I wasn’t to sure what he was. B/c there were some that we’re Normals that looked pretty much just like him but I thought he was pretty and he wasn’t all freaked out when I held him.

Inked_lil_girl said:
Opp’s my bad Ziggy is an 04 not an 05 gezz I’m dumb. It took me a long time before I new that. But that little guy Vito is an 05. Ziggy is 21”+ I think he’s be a monster if he was an 05. Lol But thanks.

So from what your saying he’s an Anery? A Het Amel if he’s a Het snow? I don’t plan on breeding I just like to know.I wasn’t to sure what he was. B/c there were some that we’re Normals that looked pretty much just like him but I thought he was pretty and he wasn’t all freaked out when I held him.

Yes, ziggy is an anery het amel.

Snow corns are a morph whch I don't quite understand. Can someone explaain the genetics please? I thought that is you bread a normal het anery and a normal het amel you could get a snow. But I've been told otherwise! Soooo confusing! :shrugs:

Felix the snake said:
Snow corns are a morph whch I don't quite understand. Can someone explaain the genetics please? I thought that is you bread a normal het anery and a normal het amel you could get a snow. But I've been told otherwise! Soooo confusing! :shrugs:

You would need both animals to be het for anery and amel to get a snow. If you breed a normal het anery with a normal het amel you would get 25% het for nothing, 25% het anery, 25% het amel, 25% het amel & anery (snow).

It can be confusing at first but its not so bad.

If you want the simple version of understanding genetics i would buy the book, The Cornsnake Morph Guide. I didn't really understand genetics either. It helps quite a bit.

[I’m thinking I wanna get Ziggy sex soon]
And at 21" he/she's plenty big enough to probe. Although he/she's a little young to get sex for (LOL) You might want to wait until it's a little more mature for that!

MegF. said:
[I’m thinking I wanna get Ziggy sex soon]
And at 21" he/she's plenty big enough to probe. Although he/she's a little young to get sex for (LOL) You might want to wait until it's a little more mature for that!

LOL , no sex for Ziggy god i have such bad grammer and spelling!

Back