• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do i do this

koa94

Okay so my little corn snake is around 20g and he is ready to go on double pinks. For the next time he eats do i just starit on give him the two pinkies or do i spread them out or cut on in half or what?? I dont want to risk a regurtion for such a younge snake so what do i do??:idea:

Feed him the first one like normal. Place the other in his container with him and let him pick it up on his own. Don’t fret if he doesn’t take it. Be real careful about handling him when he has had such a large meal.

ok so i feed him his first pinkie in the regular container then put him back in his terrarium and give him his other one then? and should i do that every time?

Put both in the feeding container together at the same time. He'll either take the second one or not.

D80

dont put him back in the viv. i just did this yesterday. feed first one like normal, then once he has eaten it fully, drop the second one in the feeding bin. he will probably eat that one too. wait about 20-30 mins after he has eaten second one and place feeding bin in viv. once he gets out of bin and into viv then take feeding bin out. if u have any more questions, please feel free to ask. again, dont fret if he doesnt eat the second one yet

I actually just went through this and had a regurge. My Jackson is about the same size and was looking for food after his normal one pinkie every 5 days. So on hi next feeding day I took the two smallest pinkies and fed, he took both fast, but regurged the next night. I would feed one whole and one half to be on the safe side and avoid a regurge for the first three larger feedings, but thats just me.

Yeah and do it when it is still frozen unless you want all the good stuff to squirt out lengthwise by the way. If your snake eats both the whole pinkie and the half continue to do this for 3-4 feedings before offering 2 wholes. I wish I had followed my own advice because I am dealing with a refurge now and only hope all goes well. Caution with these guys seems better since a regurge for them is really serious.

I always put both in at once. If it regurges after eating two, then it's just not ready to go up to the next stage yet. There's no real need to mess about offering one and a half pinks. There's no rush to increase food size or grow it on - slow and steady is best for its health. Just keep it on singles for a few more feeds.

And remember that just because a snake appears to be "hunting" doesn't mean that either:
a) it actually is hunting (could be active for any number of other reasons), or
b) if it is hunting, that you should feed it

A Corn's instinct is to hunt for food all the time it isn't digesting, as it doesn't know when it will next eat. If you feed it every time you think it's looking for food, it's going to get rather fat! Corns don't realise that their next meal is guaranteed in captivity.

Guess I was wrong. Sorry.
Never mind - at least you'll do it right next time eh? :) hehe...

Back