• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do I get wires inside the tank?!

RedCloud

Hello everyone :D I had a bit of an issue with my shipping order on Amazon so I was forced to go to petco and buy another cover for my tank while I wait another 2weeks for the original. I have to pick the snake up tomorrow so I'm pretty much out of time. This is the only one they had. Unfortunately it has no holes or slots for wires! I asked the guy in petco and he looked at me like I had 3 heads and asked why I needed to put wires in the tank. (Coming from a petco who keeps their corns at 100+ degrees ><) I need the probe for the thermostat and the thermometer in the tank. Is it safe to drill into the metal sides? Cut the mesh? The snake is 3yrs so I don't think he'll be able to get out of any small small holes. Any ideas? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393726772.455752.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wires should be small enough to just set the lid over them and then use clips to lock it in place. I have a probed thermometer and the wire just runs between the tank lip and the screen without any problems, so no need to make any holes.

The wires should be small enough to just set the lid over them and then use clips to lock it in place. I have a probed thermometer and the wire just runs between the tank lip and the screen without any problems, so no need to make any holes.

Wouldn't closing the lid over the wire cause damage over time? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393728406.878028.jpg These are the clips I'm using and the width of the wire.

Ah, yours is much wider than mine is. Mine is only about a mm or so wide, and the tank lid isn't snug enough to crimp the wire. Someone else might know better how to deal with wires that large.

Look in the corners of the lid. There's hopefully a gap where you can stick the wires, like in the bottom (visible) corner of this lid:

Qbf8eFu.jpg

Ah I didn't realize that was what those slits are for! Thanks so much you guys are lifesavers!

Back