• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do I know if my corn is drinking?

paullfc

I change the water bowl every day but he never seems to drink it (or is it because I never see him drinking??):shrugs:

You can see them drink if you watch carefully - I've seem Taka and Ammy drink :D. But they seem to do it very quickly and then retreat back to their cave, so you've have to be very sharp-eyed and watch them all the time to see them. They don't seem to drink a lot so you probably wouldn't notice a drop in water level.

I'm no expert, just giving my observations :).

You'll never belive that I just had him out then went back to put him upstairs i had hold of him and he crawled him and stopped at the water and his head was moving at the back can't belive it:):):):):!!!!

A good way to know if they are getting enough water is to hold them over their waterdish and slightly "dunk" their nose into the water. Not everyday of course, but when you have one out being handled. Do it when you put them back. They'll drink if they need to; being held won't override their need to take a drink ;*).

I always see my snakes drinking, they seem to drink quite a lot aswell. As long as they know where the water is then they will drink when they want. I always keep my water bowl in the same place.

The only time I see mine drink is when I put them back after being out. I am sure they drink at night when all is quiet. I love watching the jaw move as they drink.

I have never seen one of mine drink. I've seen Jake drink a good few times. Sometimes when I put him back after being handled and I set him at his water bowl he'll take a good long drink from my hands. I think its really cute when they drink :)

But anyway, to the O.P, I wouldn't worry if you don't see them drink, or they drink all the time. In the wild they would have to find water, you've made it even easier for them as its never far away. So if they're thirsty, they'll fine the water and drink. :)

As has been said as long as your snake is staying healthy and you keep clean water in there your snake should be fine. I have two snakes that drink from my hand on occasion so that is a good way to help reassure yourself that your snake is drinking but they do drink plenty when you aren't watching.

I quite often get a small plastic cap and fill it with water and offer it to mine when Im handling them, more often that not they will stop to have a quick drink! Although its rare that ive seen mine drink in their vivs, they just do it when im in bed!!

Sev more often than not has a drink once i put him back after handling, its well funny watching there mouths as they drink ,almost like a cat!

Back