• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Long After Mating???

WAS1

I mated my Male Crimson to my Female Jungle on March 8th & 10th, a month earlier than normal due to the mild winter.
Everything seemed fine. Female ate everything that moved, apperared to be getting fatter as you would expect.
Yesterday she shed, which I assumed would be her pre-lay shed, but she`s showing no interest in the nest box and she`s still feeding.
This is now 45 days since mating.
This seems unusually long to me. Do I assume she`s not gravid, or do I persist and hope??
Every other year, mating to egg laying has been about 30 days.

I'm having some similar issues with my anery right now... she's showing no interest in laying and has been feeding on small fuzzies and large pinkies everytime I've offered them. Plus, her "pre-lay" shed was on Monday so... *shrugs*

We're on day 35 after confirmed mating. I put them back together a few more times as well and no hook ups either of the 2nd two times so... again... *shrugs*

Sometimes they will breed before ovulation & store the sperm till they are ready to use it. Eggs come about 30 days after ovulation.

I`m now on day 46 after mating, I`m certain she`s gravid, but have never had to wait this long.
Is this unusual?

OK... I did a little investigating today and can feel the "string of pearls" in my anery female... but i'm not certain if that means she's ovulating now or if she's got eggs now. And she's STILL cruising around her viv like mad and showing no interest in laying anything. If she is carrying eggs they sure seem small.

laying comes an AVERAGE of 10 days after the shed. So if you're not well past 2 weeks yet, just be patient (as hard as it is)

I`m now on day 52 since mating and day 9 after last shed.
She seems v. interested in the nest box now. I`m hoping the next 3 or 4 days will result in eggs.

Both of my girls are at this moment buried in their moss and seem quite happy there... should have eggs soon I hope.

I know I posted on Monday sometime since both my girls laid then but i totally forgot to update here... I have two clutches now... one has 12 fertile eggs and the other 20... absolutely no slugs and we'll see if it stays that way.

Congrats on your clutch!

Back