• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How long before adult mice

Depends on the size of the snake. My one yearling is on large adult mice, the other on small. I just started her on small though and they are both about a year and a half old. Figure on the prey size being 1 to 1 1/2 times the widest part of your snake.

Ok, thanks.

I breed mice, I wanted to estimate how old I keep them alive before the deep freeze. My snake is 6 mouths old, he eat big fuzzies.

I dont know the answer to youre question but i always wondered how you kill the mice? Do you just put them in the freezer and thats how they die? Do you just breed youre mice for feeding snakes or are they youre pets? Just curious thats all

Oh, i didnt mean i was going to try it, i just couldnt bring myself to do that, im a bit squeemish. I just wondered how it was done! But thanks for telling me! It was my fiance that said they were just put in the freezer!

Baby mice (pinkies) die in freezer quickly, but, adult one will die starving before the freeze, it's not really nice for them. It's even more human to give them a cheeze chunk in a mouse trap than that.

Lans said:
Baby mice (pinkies) die in freezer quickly, but, adult one will die starving before the freeze, it's not really nice for them. It's even more human to give them a cheeze chunk in a mouse trap than that.

I dont know if I believe that. I'd assume mice and humans are relatively the same when it comes down to being frozen to death. It's said that when you begin to freeze to death you get a sudden warmth that comes over you and then you fall asleep, and you dont wake up. That doesnt sound like a horrendous way to go, if you ask me.

And, they're mice. A thump on the head or a dislocation would be much nicer than being constricted to death.

Back