• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How long does it take to grow full size?

tirevy

My corn is about 2 years old, and she's a little over two feet. I was wondering how long it takes for them to grown their full size?

And, what age is a corn considered an adult corn?

It varies between individuals, but most reach pretty much their adult size by three years old. They never actually stop growing but it slows down a lot after about that point. That's also the age that I consider them "proper" adults.

I have one who took about four years to reach her adult size and still isn't very large, but she came from a breeder that produced smaller but robust Corns.

Corns have had their most of growing when they are about 3 years old. After four years you know pretty much how large they are gonna be. The older they get, the slower they grow, but they do keep growing a tiny bit. Not sure if a snake that was fed too little, would still make up for it, even after reaching the age of 3. I do have some smaller snakes though that grew quite a bit after I bought them at about 2-2.5 years old. I think they were fed at the more modest side of the scale, and at my place they were fed more often/larger preys.They seem to have a growth burst after changing to a larger prey.

Well, males can usually fertilize eggs when they are 1.5 to 2 years old, females are able to reproduce at that age also. However, especially females are being bred later to give them time to grow and become adult length- and weight wise. Many breeder use the rule of thumb that a female should be 3 year old, 3 feet long and weigh 300 grams to be bred, though others just look at their body shape/length and muscle tone to determine if she can be bred. I guess both types of breeders would consider the female to be adult when ready for breeding.

I consider both females and males adult when they have been bred (succesfully) OR are 3 years old, which ever comes first.

Back