• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How long is unhealthy w/o feeding?

Hello,
I am moving across the country and I will be shipping my snakes to a friend overnight so they won't have to brave the drive across the country with me. My corn snake is about 2 years old and she's been eating two F/T adult mice a week. My friend that I am shipping her too has to hesitation about housing her however has hesitation about feeding her. I just fed her today on Sept 22nd and I'm shipping her overnight next week on Sept 29th. Once my friend has her what is the longest that she can go without being fed? Is three weeks to a month ok as long as she has fresh water? I'm trying to recruit someone else to go over and feed her so it should be find but how long is too long without feeding?

Your snake is well fed and shouldn't have any problem going a month without food. I've have snakes go six to eight months without feeding and not look any different. Just be sure there is fresh water at all times.

I agree with Dick - she'll be fine for a month at least, probably longer. Two mice a week is rather a lot, so she'll have plenty of reserves on her.

Make sure that her digestive system is empty before she travels, That way she won't be rolling around in poop all the way and your friend won't have a smelly surprise at the other end!

My Gopher Snake went on a 5 month hunger strike this spring. Was starting to get worried but he finally ate one day. One month is nothing.

Back