• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How long to feed pinkies?

cornsnakegirl

I hope to get a cornsnake that is as young as possible from a breeder, and I was wondering how long I would feed it pinkie mice. I know to move up to the next size when the snake gets bigger, but for ordering-the-food purposes, it would be nice to know :D

Thanks!

Unfortunatly, we don't know what his growth rate will be- I and many others follow the munson feeding plan. I'd suggest you buy a scale if you don't already have one.

"When they're on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 5-6 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 6-7 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (20-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+) See below." -Roy munson

Good guidelines above, although they're a bit too finicky for me. As a general guide, the food item needs to be about one and a half times as wide as the snake's body (not the head or neck). It's about the right time to try the next size up, when the food bump has gone within about 24-48 hours.

As for how long your Corn will be eating pinkies - that's difficult to predict. They can grow at very different rates. I'd reckon on a few months, but then I've tended to grow mine on very slowly.

If you find that you've ordered too many pinkies, you can always feed them two or three at a time until they're used up, when the snake's big enough for a size increase.

Back