• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How long will it take do u think?

Isak

My female buttercorn laid her first clutch of 18 obviously healthy. 5 days ago the first hatchling came out....now i have removed 4 hatchlings and seen one with the eggs. The four hatchling that i've removed seems to be buttercorn or some kind of amel (hard to tell exactly before first shed). The fifth hatchling loked lika a anerythiristic. But here's the question, the possible fathers are: normal corn, miami phase and butter corn. I've seen the normal and the miami mate with her, but not the butter male she lives with. If the butter corn is the father all should be butter corns, if the normal or miami is the father all should be normal (if there isn't a hidden gene in one of them for example: amelanism). I think that there is 2 or more father to my clutch. I'll just have to wait until the rest hatches and then check them out after first shed. But is I said, it's been 5 days since the first one pipped..i think that the eggs might have had one degree difference and will hatch with a grater distance of time.....all eggs look fine and i just hope that they'll hatch soon!

It will be hard to know which one fathered which baby. It is possible for all three of them to be the father of some of the babies since all three possibly bred her. The only way you will know on some of them is if they are obviously butter (unless your normal or miami is het butter). Otherwise, there is no way to tell until the babies grow up and breeding trials are done.

yeah

yeah i know....i'll have to check more careful after they shed the first time....i think it's easier to decide then. But it's gotta be at least 2 fathers in this cluth.....if one is anery and the others are albinos. But i dont know wich one of them.......The butter corn laid a second cluth today!!!! exactly after i've posted the last message...this clutch must be 100% butter beacuse the butter female has not been with the other two normals since the first time......but maby if she can supply sperm from the normals until now and lay a second clutch....i don't think so but i think it could happen.

Thanks for the reply!

Back