• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How many cornsnake eggs are currently being incubated?

QuickSilver

I'm curious as to how many eggs each of you are incubating. While I'm not into breeding and incubating eggs yet, I find it quite fascinating to read all of your posts on the subject and wonder just how many baby cornsnakes you all are expecting to hatch this season from the first clutch.

P.S. I know some of your are still waiting on the first clutch, come back and update when they're laid.

So far, I've got:

15 eggs (bloodred x amel motley)

8 eggs (bloodred x banded motley)

6 eggs (crimson)

And I'm expecting:

~20 eggs (Motley snow x Anery het amel)

~6 eggs (bloodred x normal het hypo & bloodred)

~6 eggs (bloodred x normal het bloodred)

And possibly:

~6 eggs (Pewter x Amel) [Don't know for sure if she's gravid yet]

If they all prove out (and they won't!), that would give me 67 eggs this spring, and the two biggest girls will likely double clutch, giving me another 30 or so.

Hectic time of year! :D

How Many Eggs?

Well, my numbers aren't as impressive as some peoples'.
We only have a small collection.
But here you go:

Incubating-
23 Eggs - Coral Snow x Anery het Amel & Hypo

8 Eggs - BubbleGum Snow x Snow (first clutch for each of these two small-ish 3-yr-olds, and the eggs are over 2" long each!)

Waiting For-

Pastel Ghost het Amel x Charcoal het Blizzard

Dontcha just LOVE it?!?!
:D

I've got almost all of my first clutches incubating, but have been getting alot of slugs this year (probably due to the number of first-time breeders this year) so the numbers aren't as I would like. Anyway, here goes...

11 eggs - normal X normal motley
3 eggs - aneryth stripe het snow X amel stripe
9 eggs - caramel het butter X butter
3 eggs - aneryth het snow X sunglow het snow
11 eggs - normal zigzag het snow X normal zigzag het snow
8 eggs - ghost het motley X ghost motley
2 eggs - normal het butter X caramel motley het butter
9 eggs - normal het butter X amel het butter
4 eggs - normal het snow, hypo & motley X amel stripe
8 eggs - normal het butter X normal het butter
8 eggs - aneryth het snow X aneryth het snow
7 eggs - normal het snow, hypo & motley X ghost motley
3 eggs - normal het snow, hypo & motley X caramel motley het
butter
4 eggs - normal zigzag X butter

Expecting - ghost X caramel motley het butter
normal het zigzag X normal zigzag
amel zigzag X snow
aneryth stripe het snow X caramel motley het butter
normal X sunglow het snow
And there are still some yet to breed.

onyl had a few

ghost motley (male) by snow = 9 eggs 6 slugs

firts time breeders :)

So far I only have one clutch incubating...

Snow corn X Normal motley: 11 good eggs, 12 slugs (Sire was a 1st-timer)

I did have a small clutch of cal-king eggs, too. There were 3 eggs only two hatched, but one of the babies died :( At least I have one cute little baby!

I am only expecting one more first clutch from an Anery X Normal motley cross.

Hopefully next year will be more eggs-citing!! I should have several snakes big enough to breed by then!

17 eggs, 0 slugs, from amel x ghost (no known hets, but we'll see...) Both small first time breeders. I don't know how they did it :D

how many eggs?

only have two females at this moment,

15 good eggs +1 slug,normals.

expecting ???? female snow sired by normal male.

p.s my eggs are huge(over 11/2 inches long and 21/4 inches girth ) compared to last years eggs.

pps the right hand egg of the two at the bottom of pic is slug??

Attachments

• huge eggs.jpg
    huge eggs.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 118
Somewhere between 60-65 eggs incubating. I started with 4 clutches totalling 68 eggs, but a few have proven infertile, and a couple more have molded over. The pairings are:

----

Quad het normal (anery/hypo/motley/amel) X
Normal (het anery, ?Hypo? ?Motley? and not het amel)

= Normals and anerys, poss het hypo and motley.

Hopefully some motleys and hypos and ghosts and hypo motleys...

And I'm trying to double clutch her with a Pewter for the second clutch... hopefully anyway.

----

Lavender (unknown hets) X
Snow (het motley and hypo)

= Normals het lavender, amel, anery (snow/opal) and poss het hypo and motley.

Hopefully motleys (het lavender, blah, blah, and blah... screw all the other hets, I want lavender motleys! hehe)

----

Normal (het Anery) X his mother:
Anery (not het amel, anery, hypo)

= normals and Anerys.

Hopefully the "no brown" appearance of the Anery mother will be heritable.

----

Charcoal Ghost (unknown hets) X
Bloodred (het amel, anery, charcoal)

= Normals het hypo bloodred charcoal (het hypo pewter)
Charcoals het hypo bloodred (het hypo pewter)
...all poss het amel and anery. (better known as "het for annoying side effects" ;))

I had a wonderful surprize yesterday...after work I discovered that 2 of 3 of my gravid females had laid their eggs. I found 34 eggs (incl 4 slugs) from a Miami het amel x Okeetee het amel and 20 eggs from Normal het hypo/anery/amel x Snow no known hets (all good).

Both batches are resting comfortably in the incubator next to a batch of 15 eggs from a normal x anery belonging to a friend of mine that has been cooking since 3/12.

I am still expecting a first-time clutch from an Anery A het amel that I bred with several males (all different morphs) to produce in the next couple of weeks.

I like surprizes...but the anticipation is killing me. But then again, as a kid, I could never wait until Christmas to open my presents.

hi all

darin them eggs 15 eggs (bloodred x amel motley)
will they be normals het for amels/blood/motleys ?

no eggs yet waiting for
blood x blood
amel motley x amel motley

Assuming no compatible het factors (the bloodred male COULD be het for amel), then yes, that would be the outcome. Normals het for bloodred, amel, and motley.

:cool:

Back