• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How many pinkies to order?? Newbie!

dr82692

Hey guys, my friend and I are about to get some 3 month old corns, and we wanted to order some 2-3g pinkies for the little guys. To save some money off these RIDICULOUS shipping prices, we're not only ordering together, but also are thinking of ordering 100 pinkies each to make the shipping worthwhile. However, after some further research, it seems like for pinkies to last even 6 months in the freezer without going bad is rare. So my question is, should we just order 50 each so they don't go to waste, or will our snakes be able to polish off all 100 2-3g pinkies before they go bad? Thanks!

The snake is more likely to outgrow pinks in six months than the pinks are to go bad. I'd just stick with 50. Order some fuzzies an hoppers, too!!

I usually order 100 at a time, with RodentPro it's cheeper to order a larger bag I'm pretty sure. Your snake can eat double pinkies before going up the the next food size. Or if it outgrows them, I'm sure you could sell the extra ones on craigslist. it's up to you

Thanks for the input guys. I now found a website that has pinkies that are 3.5g and 1.5" long. Shipping rate is same as rodentpro, but they ship next day air so I don't have to wait as long and their pinks are 3.5g instead of 2-3g. Is that a good size? and they have fuzzies that are 5-7g and 2" long. So basically what is the best shipment to get so that I can be as economical as possible with the shipping costs? Should I get 50 pinks and 50 fuzzies? 100 pinks and no fuzzies? I want to have enough to keep the snake satisfied but I dont want them to go to waste either. Thanks again

I'd buy 100 pinks. That way, when you get a second hatchling later this fall, you will have pinks ready.

Back