• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Many Should I Buy???

Jordan32

I just got a baby snow corn snake and its about 2-4weeks old I think. Anyways i was wondering how many pinkies I should buy that will last until I need to move up to fuzzys.

Thanks

It depends on how fast your snake grows. I got a snow corn at the end of April, it was about 4-6 wks I think, I started feeding two pinkies a week, every three to four days and I did that for a couple of months. Then I started feeding him/her small fuzzies once a week, since he/she had shed twice already, now I'm at a large fuzzy/wk.

It's recommended that you feed a meal that's 1 1/2 the size of the widest part of your snake. If it's bigger than that, your snake might regurgitate even if it was able to swallow.

I think that it would be safe to get 2-3 months worth of pinkies if your getting it in bulk, then reassess after that. Even if your snake is big enough for a fuzzy after two months you can still feed it two pinkies at one feeding until you're finished with your supply of pinkies, then restock with fuzzies.

thanks for the feedback, i feed mine this morning and plan to feed him again on friday(therefore monday and fridays are feed days). I was also wondering how long I should wait until I sex him using the popping method. I know that this can be stressful to the snake but I need to know how long I should let him get acustomed to his home before disterbing him. Thanks again

How long have you had him? You shouldn't touch him for 24-48 hours after a feeding just in case it stresses him out and he regurgitates.

Depending on who you talk to, it's recommended that you let him get accustomed to his viv for 5-10 days before you start handling him. As for popping, you shouldn't do it on a snake that's bigger than 18 inches long, since it could prolapse the hemipenes. You should get Kathy and Bill Love's Corn Snakes: the Comprehensive Owner's Guide, there's great information on caring for your corn and it has detailed instructions on how to pop you snake.

Back