• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How much handling after feeding

SteveAlbert

Hold your horses, before you think you know what i'm going to ask, I know we don't handle our snakes after feeding.

I was just wondering how much handling is okay? I usually put my snakes in a small tank when i feed them. Two hours after feeding i put them back in their own tank, but i'm so afraid of bothering them. So i was wondering if i was being far too sensitive? Should i just flip the tank till the snake slides out? Just grab it and put it back in it's tank like nothing happened? Same question also if there was poop next to where the snake is lying or what have you.

Hmm?

I pick the snake up gently and place it back in its viv anytime from when the food stops moving- it's down in the stomach- to an hour or so later- although that much delay is rare. You _can_ cause a shy hatchling to voluntarily regurge a meal if you disturb it before it is done swallowing. Routine cage cleaning, etc. can be done without disturbing the snake. I generally allow three days for digestion.

Back