• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how much heat does it generate

hediki

i luv them all.
how much heat shoud a 8watt heat wave mat by exo-terra 8"x8" generate with the recomended amount of aspen on the surface and/or air in a 20 g. if you use this mat, viv, and substate please record air and/or surface. a 15 g or 20 h would be good also.

I'm not sure if I understand your question. But if you use a thermometer with a probe on it with the proper amount of substrate that would tell you. But you should know this by now being that your a member for a year now.
a 15 g or 20 h would be good also. What do you mean by this???

Without a thermostat most heat mats can produce enough heat to harm corn snakes. Get a thermostat set it to what your corn needs then just keep an eye on your thermometer. The thermostat will stop the mat getting to hot.

I use this thermostat with a 17x11 inch exo-terra heat mat, works perfectly and temps stay pretty much constant. hope this helps...

Attachments

• CIMG0379.JPG
    CIMG0379.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 57
UG, that's the frustrating part, heating pad costs $20 and a half decent thermostat costs $60 and up...... DOH! lol! The joy of pets. My thermostat is paid for and I'm waiting for it. Until then I have four tanks with the same brand pad that you have <exo terra> They are getting way to hot, but I have upped the amount of substrate and crushed it down. I put a heat probe against the glass and it is about 113degrees at the hottest, but on the top of the substrate in that tank <I have not once found the ball python in there burrowing at all> it is about 85. Can't wait for that damn thermostat! lol

Rebecca

Back