• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How often do you feed??

WAS1

I know it will have been asked before, but how often do you feed your adult corns?
The reason i`m asking is that i`ve stopped feeding 1 large mouse a week,
and now feed 1 extra large mouse every 2 weeks.
Now the snakes seem less lethargic.
When they do feed, they attack the mouse like i`ve never seen.
Less spot cleaning in the cages.
And its CHEAPER!!

Were all winners.

It really depends on the individual snake. Every 2 weeks is sufficient just about, providing the meal size is big enough. I'd say every 12 days might be a better balance though. I feed my adult male a weaner rat or jumbo mouse every 10 days, and I'm feeding my adult female every 7 days at the min to get her ready for brumation and breeding.

I feed both of mine 2 fuzzies every 4 days...The male is pushing 3 ft. and is 2 this Feb. My female is 2 1/2 ft. and is around 1 1/2 years old.

I feed both of mine 2 fuzzies every 4 days...The male is pushing 3 ft. and is 2 this Feb. My female is 2 1/2 ft. and is around 1 1/2 years old.

I know you're not asking a question about feeding, but this is not the best way to feed a two year old snake. 2 fuzzies every four days. My 06' eat a sm. feeder once a week. Yours should be at once a week feedings, unless they are really thin, and eating a feeder mouse at this point. susang

I have always wondered if I was feeding them the right way, enough, or not enough! My fuzzies are kinda small though. Am I hurting them by feeding them so much?

I have always wondered if I was feeding them the right way, enough, or not enough! My fuzzies are kinda small though. Am I hurting them by feeding them so much?

You are not feeding enough a feeder once a week is more then 4 small fuzzies, more "meat on the bone" type thing. How much do your snakes weigh? The 4-5 day feeding schedule is for up to a year, roughly. Then you go to once a week bigger feed. Do a search for the Munson Plan, which is a good resource for what to feed when, it does require a scale. The food should leave a visible lump in the belly for at least 24 hours.

Yeah, not sure what they weigh, but when I feed them you can't hardly tell that they ate...oops :(

Yeah, not sure what they weigh, but when I feed them you can't hardly tell that they ate...oops :(

I would definately have a look at the munson plan, its a great guide. Also, the general idea is to feed a prey item no bigger than 1.5 times the width of your snake, so if you cant even tell they ate, go up a size or 2! :)

Back