• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How often should i feed my corn?

Ok i'v had my corn's almost a year, and i feed them every 4 - 5 days, they usually eat 3 small/medium fuzzy's each, but sometimes only eat 2!

i just want to ask for people's opinion on how often i should feed them beacues i'v read on this forum some people who only feed them once every 2 week's or so!

Am i feeding them to much or is it ok what im doing???

If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find enough info.

disclaimer: I'm still a newbie too
From what I can tell, it depends on the size of your snake. If it's still growing, people feed them every 4-7 days usually (4 being the bare minimum. I think most people stick around 5 or 6).
If the snake is an adult, people generally feed one appropriately sized food item every 7-10 days, but it can go for as long as 14 days. If they're eating 3 fuzzies, it may be time to bump them up to the next size larger mouse.
I've read stuff that shows what adult snakes look like after eating every 5 days for years, and they're all fat and lumpy.

I am no expert, but I would think at a year, your snakes would be ready to move up to hoppers or small adult mice. If they are eating 2-3 fuzzies now, they should be moved up to larger food items. IMHO, every 7-10 days would be better for your snakes at their age and meal size. The bigger the meal, the more time between feedings. :cheers:

when my snake was on pinkies i fed him every five days. once she moved to fuzzies every 6 days and once he turned a year old every 7 days and when he gets to small adults every 8 days and when eating full to jumbo 9-10 days . that is how i am/ am gunna do it.

Once a week is standard, but everyone has their own schedule. Feeding too much too often will make your corns grow faster, but their organs cannot always keep up. Its called power feeding and it can shorten their lifespan. I'm not saying that's what your doing, but it does sound like they are ready for one hopper a week.

cornsnakekid92 said:
when my snake was on pinkies i fed him every five days. once she moved to fuzzies every 6 days and once he turned a year old every 7 days and when he gets to small adults every 8 days and when eating full to jumbo 9-10 days . that is how i am/ am gunna do it.
i do the same as you...pinkie every 5 days...but how old were your snake when you moved to fuzzie?

Back