• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How often to hold?

SWINGRRRR

I need/want a 'Cane
How often do most of you "pet" owners hold your snakes? Mine is calm, and I would like to spend more time with him, but I dont want to overdue it. I dont know his age, but hes about 4 ft long, so hes not a baby. He never really seems like it bothers him, but I dont want to stress him. I should add that I have not had him a week yet, so this may be a new guy question. I have been keeping it to 5 minutes a day. Just enough time to wash/change his water.

I personally hold some of my snakes for about 30-45 minutes in one holding. This could be every few days to atleast twice a week.
some times, i may skip a week with my corns but mine are pretty mellow. I do make sure I do this with my kings though.

It depends on the snake. I have seven. At least once a week, for about half an hour at the minimum. Choco gets to come out for a couple hours at a time- he can't get enough. He's out every day he isn't digesting. Lila and Jake are out for maybe an hour two or three times a week. Inez maybe half an hour two or three times a week. So it's whoever isn't digesting or blue, and Choco. I usually don't dig them out of hiding to handle- they have to be out. Except Inez doesn't come out, so I have to find her.

Nanci

my snake, cornflakes, is out almost constantly (after i get off work that is) when she isn't digesting. she's about 20 inches, and she just sits wrapped around my wrist while i attend to everyday things, sometimes i even take her on errands (if im walking and the weather is nice)

Well with my corns I take them about for at least a half hour if not more every day that they are not digesting normally. Both have calmed down TONS since I got them! If your guy doesn't seem to mind, try doing it for longer and see how he does! :)

Back