• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to become a 'verified shipper'?

It really did not take long at all. There is actually a good piece on it in the cornsnake newsletter plus many links around. It took me about a week including sending my box out for testing. NO real hoops at all. The only thing I have run into is non informed employees at fedex. I just keep my waiver on me even though there is one on file there

The biggest hoop for me

...was to get off my duff and put it atop my list of priorities!
I kept a log of all significant events, just for curiosity's sake, and due to the difficulties I saw on the linked threads above.
Created FedEx account online a while ago (never documented the date)
June 22: Called 1800 gofedex to have rep contact me
June 27: Rep called me, had no information that I didn't have already from the fauna threads linked above.
June 28: Sent test package for evaluation
June 30: Got a call from the Package Testing Office, I forgot to sign the dang form! :shrugs:
July 1: Got a signed form to the Package Testing Office.
July 11: Got a call today saying they are overnighting my contract to me, and I'll be certified as soon as they receive the SIGNED contract :rolleyes:

Overall, my experience has gone far better than some peoples' (Despite my own goof. You'd think I'd know better!), and I'm very happy with the simplicity of it.
So, if all goes well, I'll be shipping FedEx next week!!! Woo Hooo! :dancer:

Hope this helps a bit!

here:

It's now possible to get certified to ship snakes legally through Fed-Ex. Credit for the instructions really needs to go the www.faunaclassifieds.com where there is a long thread (24 pages) detailing how to become certified to ship Fed-Ex. All I did was condense that long thread down into a series of step by step instructions.
1. Open a Fed-Ex account. Wait at least 24 hours for account to activate before going on to step 2.
https://www.fedex.com/signup/oes?enrollmentid=f037262224
2. Prepare a shipping box. Just like one to ship a reptile. In deli cup, or whatever you would put the snake in, put a post it note that says something like “Live harmless reptile goes here” Seal up the box just like you would to send it. Don't forget to use insulation and a heat or cool pack. (I did not activate the heat pack~ I just put a note on it indicating it would be activated if an actual snake where enclosed)
3. Fill out this form
http://fedex.com/us/services/pdf/PKG_Services_Application.pdf?link=4
4. Put the form and the packing box into a larger box to ship them to the address on the bottom of the form.
5. NOW call your account Rep. Call 1-800-463-3339, give them your account # (From step one) and ask who your local Rep is and how to contact him/her. Mostly at this point you just want to know who your Rep is and let them know that you're working on getting certified to ship live snakes. I've had 3 different account Reps in just 9 months~ but it seems to me they are very nice to you if you are very nice to them~ and you want to be nice to them because they will hopefully hook you up with shipping discounts later.
6. Have your Rep connect you with "package testing." Tell them you need the acct # you should use to send a package to the testing lab so that THEY pay for shipping (as in Fed_ex pays to get your box and inspect and to return it to you).
7. Ship them the box. Wait. About a week.
8. Get box back ~Approved I hope, mine was first time. My box and materials were from “Scales”:
http://www.exoticlizards.com/miscellaneous-reptile-supplies.html
9. Call your account Rep, explain that you need the Waiver to ship reptiles. If he/she seems confused, request that they contact James Brown in Legal. Fax the account rep a copy of your approval notice. (He/she needs to send it to James Brown)
10. Wait some more. Couple days, not long. Account Rep SHOULD FAX or E-mail you a copy of a Waiver letter to your BUSINESS name. (If not, call your Rep and inquire about the Waiver~ Remember ALWAYS a professional and friendly manner) Sign and FAX back. Try not to worry about the Business to Business part. Most of us have decided to interpret that as “Home Based Business” and my account Rep knows I live in a residential neighborhood and am a Home Based Business. When you ship something, just ask the receiver for a name of a “Business” if they should ever choose to become a home based business and send the package to the business name “C/O” whoever is purchasing the animal.
11. Wait a couple more days; you should get your signed and completed waiver back from Fed-Ex very shortly.
12. Call your account Rep before you ship your first box so he can set you up for discounts for using a MasterCard and printing labels on your PC (You don’t get the discounts unless you ask specifically).

Good Luck!

Attachments

• FedEx1.jpg
    FedEx1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 125
  • FedEx4.jpg
    FedEx4.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 127
  • FedEx5.jpg
    FedEx5.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 126
JM :o) said:
9. Call your account Rep, explain that you need the Waiver to ship reptiles. If he/she seems confused, request that they contact James Brown in Legal.
This guy works for FedEx??

cs-JamesBrown1-Atlanta83103.JPG

Please. Please. Please. ;)

regards,
jazz

I seriously doubt it. But by all means ask him about it if you ever have to call him. I'm sure he's never heard that before.............not likely to get on his nerves at all..........

remember to leave EXTRA time for your certs to get lost if you do. :wavey:

I seriously doubt it.
Good call. Then again, I doubt I was serious.
But by all means ask him about it if you ever have to call him. I'm sure he's never heard that before.............not likely to get on his nerves at all..........
I've spent every breathing second with the surname of "Blank". Heard 'em all.

But Sweet Jeebus, if I'd allow it to get on my nerves, I'd have um..."issues".

regards,
jazz

Thank You Clint! This thread has lit a fire under my a** to do this. It has been on my "To Do" list for a while but just hasn't gotten done. Step one: FedEx Account - Complete. Note to self...Dig out a box and get this done! :p

jazzgeek said:
This guy works for FedEx??

cs-JamesBrown1-Atlanta83103.JPG

Please. Please. Please. ;)

regards,
jazz
Ya, he answers his phone, "Ah-bazza zeeza. Heh!" :grin01:

(hmm, I need a word here...)

OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Heh!

Serpwidgets said:
OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Heh!
Git up! (Git on up!) Ah'm making the scene! I feel like a FedEx Machine!

Gronk - :roflmao:

(Now all we need is "Ray Charles" to be the VP of Logistics, telling the drivers to....ah, you know...)

regards,
jazz

Back