• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to come up with a business name?

LindsayMarie

Been here awhile
This is my first year breeding and hopefully not my last :) I have 55 eggs in the incubator so far and a couple older corns I will be listing soon. Anyways, I cannot for the life of me think of a good business name? Thats the main reason I didnt get a forum with the contributor membership, also why I havent signed with ACR, nor bought a domain! Any ideas? How did you come up with your name? I see many unique names! Any help would be great. Thanks, Lindsay

Last edited:
It depends upon how serious you plan to get with your business. Getting a business license and registering your ficticious name is a good place to start. If a name is in use, you can find out about it. But basically, putting something personal in the name is often a good idea, such as "LM Corns".

Yeah, I should've asked this question when I started out as well.

"Wisconsin Septic And Drainage Services" hasn't worked out all that good for me. :shrugs:

regards,
jazz

Do you want to sound serious and important like the New York Serpentarium? Or do you want to sound inviting and friendly like Lindsay’s Critters? Or you could be funny, Roll Your Own Reptiles. Give it a personal touch .like, Lindsay’s Ark or Lindsay’s Collection. How about stuffy, Lindsay Marie, Purveyor of Fine Reptiles.

Me and my business partner and I just brain stormed on it. He came up with slithering snakes, (which is our current name) and I came up with speedy scales and striking serpents. (the only reason I thought of striking serpents is because my brother in law, who was in snakes, had his business named that, and he was getting out.) I'm having second thoughts about the name, but its to late now domain, email, ACR registration, its all a done deal!

I _almost_ named my (theoretical) business after a nearby geographical feature (Three Rivers Serpents) but went instead with my nickname of my first cornsnake, SnickerSnakes. (That's Maizey's nickname, Snickersnake.) I also considered Checkerbelly Something, and went so far as to contact forum member Checkerbelly to see if it was alright to use, but then didn't go with it. It was close, though. Checkerbelly Farms. Sounds too much like Pepperidge Farms. Checkerbelly Serpents. Checkerbelly Herps.

Born and bred in North Dakota . . . I breed and sell corn snakes . . . not necessarily creative, but it stuck . . . Dakota Corns. :shrugs: I wish it had come to me in a dream with a halo of golden light and harp music, but it didn't. :)

D80

Mine was easy since I had a morph I really liked and wanted to specialize in, and I was playing Mario brothers a lot at the time ;)

Help, please!

I am really having a hard time with this and it seems kind of important as one of the first processes. I cant register with all the different organizations? Not really sure if thats the word to use. All I know is that I need a name by the end of today! I had my 1st pippy today :) So far the suggestions you guys/girls have given are:

*LM Corns
New York Serpentarium
Lindsay’s Critters
Roll Your Own Reptiles
Lindsay’s Ark
Lindsay’s Collection
Lindsay Marie, Purveyor of Fine Reptiles
Speedy Scales
*Striking Serpents
Three Rivers Serpents
Checkerbelly Serpents
Checkerbelly Herps

Ones we have thought of:
*LM Corns
Crazy Corns
Morph Crazy Corns (Main project right now is "mystery project") :)
LM Reptiles (Unfortunately domain is taken)
CandyCorns (This website is way too much $$$)
CornsRUs

Ones with * we like a little better then the rest!! Help! Suggestions, any are welcome! If you need more info about me to make a more personal name, just pm me :shrugs: I know we thought of way more, but right now I cant think! I will add more a little later. See what everyone else can come up with. Thank you, Lindsay

I'm really not creative when it comes to things like this. Our name is just combined of my boyfriend's and my first letters, plus Reptiles. But it works :)
Looking at your list, LM Corns sounds really good to me, because it has a bit of a personal touch to it. I've experienced with our name that people find it very easy to remember, and that's always a good thing. People will recognize you by the name, and when they see a website called www.LMCorns (or something like that) they will instantly know it's you.
Congrats on your first pippy! :D

I like LMCorns too...but are you sure you will only be breeding corns? I had to consider that myself....I knew the lure of other snakes...and sure enough I have much more than corns now so Im glad I thought of a name that encompassed all ...well....creatures :)

And just for fun.....Creatures of the Night was born from my old screenname of DevilzNight .....and that came from my love of the movie "The Crow" I always tried to keep it personal and unique....

NEED ideas

I like LMCorns too...but are you sure you will only be breeding corns? I had to consider that myself....I knew the lure of other snakes...and sure enough I have much more than corns now so Im glad I thought of a name that encompassed all ...well....creatures :)

And just for fun.....Creatures of the Night was born from my old screenname of DevilzNight .....and that came from my love of the movie "The Crow" I always tried to keep it personal and unique....

The remark above that I have highlighted red is what is making this harder then it has to be. Oh and I am not really creative with GOOD names ;) I know I need something fast. LMreptiles would have been easy, but it is taken! I wonder if they are still active, or would let me buy it?LOL Lindsay's Ark, is cute, but a little harder for some to type and it wouldnt look all that great all bunched up as a domain name LindsaysArk, or would it (apastrophe in 'Lindsays' or no?)? Ahhhh, why must something so simple be so frustrating :headbang: What about LMExotics? Hmmm...sounds too adultish (if thats a word - wanted to keep it PG). I thought worldofreptiles, also taken! I cant believe how hard it is to find a non personal domain name?! I will throw out a few more names a little later, see what everyone thinks. Please list some more if you think of any :)

Just go with what appeals to *you*. Something catchy is good, and not too long-winded. I first thought of "SnakeSphere", so registered that domain name. Then I suddenly thought of "Corn Moon Corn Snakes", or CMC, so registered that as well. I figure I'm covered if I decide to get something other than corns!

WOW I don't believe you wanted LMReptiles thats actually my domain I'm just starting out as well and haven't finished the site but it stands for Lil Monsters I know how you feel when you want a domain name and other poeple have already taken it like LILMONSTERS.com was taken so I settled for LMREPTILES sorry. Hope you find something good though!!!

Back