• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to keep temperatures down

adriel

hi all....

many posts was with regards to getting the temperatures up....i was wondering if u guys out there got any suggestions to keeping the tempertures down.....i live in the tropics and temperature range anywhere from 26-32 DC. thats a bit hot rite????

cheers
adriel

Well, I'm not too sure, but much like many of us provide a heat pad to provide a temperature gradient, maybe you could put a cold pack on one side of the tank? Like one of those refreezable ice pack thingys. You would probably have to replace them often though.
Or you could put the tank closer to the air conditioner.

maybe you could point a small fan to the OUTSIDE end of the cage - maybe a fan like the one cooling your computer

dartguy said:
maybe you could point a small fan to the OUTSIDE end of the cage - maybe a fan like the one cooling your computer
The only way you can "cool" something is with something colder than the hot thing.. trying to cool a 80 degree (F) tank with 80 F air will do no good. A fan only "feels" cooler because that 80 F air is blowing against your 98 F body.. cooling it.. Same thing with a cpu fan blowing air that is ~75F at a cpu that is about 130F (varies with type).

Long story short- don't bother with a fan on the tank.. it won't help...

Sorry if this sounds offensive.. it's not meant to be.. it's been a long day :)

adriel said:
hi all....

many posts was with regards to getting the temperatures up....i was wondering if u guys out there got any suggestions to keeping the tempertures down.....i live in the tropics and temperature range anywhere from 26-32 DC. thats a bit hot rite????

cheers
adriel
I think the only way you're going to get the temps right is to cool the room you're in to at least 77F or lower with an AC.. and then use a heat pad for the warm area like you normally would.

If cooling a whole room is not an option, a rather radical idea would be to get a used or cheap refrigerator that isn't very cold, and have the tank setup in there (with adequate ventilation added)

hey adriel,

that icepack idea above would work much better if you put the pack on top of the cage (provided you have a screen top) because cold air falls which would cool your tank much better than puttin it on the side.

thanx guys for all ur advice...........
will give it a go.....
saw one corn today and it had a black patch on its nose.....the guy said he just shed. so is this ok???
cheers
adriel

adriel: why do you keep your corn? i live in brunei. i kept my snake a room temperature in a non air-con room. i have no issue of high temperature yet, but i probably wont have one.

where do you place your snake? Just keep them in a cool place, shaded, not too drafty & in-doors. and that will be just perfect.

how does the patch looks like?

I remember a thread mentioning using air from a fan blowing across a pan of water to make a basic air-conditioner, I'll see if I can find a link

eddiehm said:
adriel: why do you keep your corn? i live in brunei. i kept my snake a room temperature in a non air-con room. i have no issue of high temperature yet, but i probably wont have one.

where do you place your snake? Just keep them in a cool place, shaded, not too drafty & in-doors. and that will be just perfect.

how does the patch looks like?

Check the post dates. This one is four years old and adriel doens't even post here any more.

Back