• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How To Lure an Escapee

Desertstrike

Music for the People
Okay, so, the low down of it all is:
Absinthe has escaped and has been out for 4 days. I've seen hide nor scale of her since then.

What I'd like to know:
How do you lure out a snake that may or may not be here.

Long winded:

Yes, I have checked absolutely everywhere in the house, over and under. I've done the "bag trick" where you place plastic bags around the house in case she slithers over them.

Now I'm wondering how to lure her out without sprinkling flour all over my mums carpets and floors and wrecking them.
There are ways out of the house, a gerbil found them and disappeared and I'm thinking Absinthe has done the same.

I don't want to hear about how snakes come back months later, trust me, I've heard it all and will probably be moving out of the flat I'm residing in, in a few months time. So, as helpful as "Oh, I knew someone's snake who came back 4 months later", might sound...right now, it's not at all.

Anyway, any tips would be helpful.

Facts I know of:
- She was shedding the last time I saw her
- She hasn't eaten for over 10 days now
- 7 months old
- Female

Ive heard of doing the 2 liter bottle trick. cut the top half off, flip it upside down inside the other part so it creates like a funnel. place a mouse in the bottom of it and leave it around, since she hasnt eaten in a while she might smell it out and come eat it, then have a hard time getting back out the top. cant hurt right?

That's an excellent idea, to be honest. And it's a 2 litre bottle? Okay, Will go and grab one from up the shops. Shall I place it by a radiator?

Okay, I'll try this, thank you. And sure, I'll keep y'all posted.
Would there be any point leaving water out for her at all?

Back