• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to suck the air out?

Noe..gr

EY TAPAZEIN
I was wondering,is there a way/machine to use to suck the air out of the plastic bags I'm using to store the fuzzies?I think that if they were airtight and there was no air inside,they would last more months.

I looked everywhere near me and had no luck,so now I'm thinking to search at the net but I don't know not even how to call what I'm looking for.I remember an old advertisement about something like that in the telemarketing channel...
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

yes, they are called foodsavers. you can purchase them at Wal-Mart or Sams. QVC or on-line at foodsaver.com. They are fantastic machines, I have used mine for years and saved a bundle of money.

dave_jaclyn said:
I've been wondering if freezing them into blocks of ice would increase the keeping time, myself ... no specialized equipment needed.

Micecubes? :) Sounds intruiging, I know that is how you are supposed to freeze certain herbs (such as basil), because any other attempt at preserving them won't do anything to keep the flavor and smell. I have ordered vaccuum sealed rodents from the mouse factory, and one bag of pinkies I didn't open for three years. It was still nice and fresh inside, no freezer burns. The advantage with bags I guess is storage space.

Thanks for the replies guys.I knew I could count on you.Foodsaver is exactly was I was looking for. :cheers:

As for the "mouse cubes" I have heard about that before and someone around here mentioned it's the best solution to keep mice fresh for too long.
I haven't tried that myself,although it was my next option.

Back