• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to use a Pinkie Press

necroscollector

Does anyone know a good site that has some detail information on "How to use a pinkie press correctly". I am thinking about purchasing one and I would to know how to use it correctly first. :shrugs:

thanks
G

don't really need one, yet. Next year is my first time breeding my corns and would like to be ready for anything, if you know what I mean.

But I guess if the snakes doesn't eat on its own, it is not mean to live. :shrugs:

Corny Noob said:
Well I guess I'll be noisy and ask why you feel you need one first :shrugs:

Honestly, I don't think it's the right size for baby corns. I have one too that I bought just before my eggs hatched, just in case, and realized as soon as it arrived that it's very big to be sticking in a baby snakes mouth. Even any tube you fit on the end of it would be practically pinky sized itself..
There's lots of instruction here on getting your babies to eat, as well as force feeding if it should come to that.. But having held a baby corn in one hand and that big old syringe in the other, I don't think it simplifies the process at all.. :shrugs:

this is just me thinking out loud. but why not use a food processor to puree a couple of pinkies. then use an appropriate sized syringe. would be cheaper i think. :shrugs: can you even get syringes that small?

Tinycritters said:
this is just me thinking out loud. but why not use a food processor to puree a couple of pinkies.
This is me thinking out loud........hope I'll never be invited over your house for dinner.:rolleyes:

Tinycritters said:
but why not use a food processor to puree a couple of pinkies. then use an appropriate sized syringe.

I agree, if it becomes necessary this would be a better way to go. You can get the syringe that you need from a drug store such as CVS, Rite Aid or Walgreens. If you have to ask a phamicist for the syringe, tell them you are gonna hand feed a bird with pureed insects rather than feeding a snake with pureed pinkies. They tend to be less helpful if they think you are pureeing mice. :rolleyes:

The method is rather simple, but takes lots of experience to master. I would talk to other breeders and see if they can give you instructions. If I remember correctly, there is good instructions and possibly illustrations in the book "Keeping and Breeding Corn Snakes" by Michael J. McEachern if you can find one.

Back