• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How's my tank size?

cornsnakegirl

I've got a 40 gallon long, which is 48 x 12 x 16. I was thinking of getting a 55g for when my future snake is full grown, but then I was like wait... that's only one inch more of floorspace. Is what I have good enough for an adult, do you think? I'm going to be getting mine as a hatchling in April.

Thanks!

Great! Me and my mom got a little worried when this lovely knowledgeable lady at Total Pet said how they tank should be the length of them stretched out and should be wide enough to allow them to comfortably curl up. I thought my tank was okay, but wanted to be sure. :) Thanks!

The 40 gallon will be fine for the hatchling. Just provide 3 or 4 hides. I kept a hatchling in a 2 foot by 4 foot enclosure and she never missed a meal.

I have never had any problem with a snake being in "too large" an enclosure.

The 40 gallon will be fine for the hatchling. Just provide 3 or 4 hides. I kept a hatchling in a 2 foot by 4 foot enclosure and she never missed a meal.

I have never had any problem with a snake being in "too large" an enclosure.

Completely agree.
At least when it comes to corns.

Yeah, I figured as long as I put alot of hides in, a hatchling in my tank would be fine. I don't see much point in buying everything for a smaller setup. :p

I have only one question, is it a top opening enclosure, or one of the front opening / sliding door enclosures.

the only reason I ask is because the front sliding door ones a hatchling can get out of pretty easily, small gap, smaller head.

It's an aquarium, so I'll be buying a screen lid for it... and weighing it down with books LOL With three cats I don't intend to take any chances. Thanks for the info though!

Back