• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Humidity low precautions?

zlehmann

For those that don't know, I don't have my snake yet. I am trying to get a feel for my apartment's humidity though, and have found that it hovers around 30%. From what I've read that is low. I know of humid hides and water fixes and such but I was wondering if that is enough of if I should invest in a humidifier (maybe even for my own sake!).

What are the pros thoughts?

I just asked about the same problem. During winter (now) my house stays under 20% humidity. I was told not to worry too much about it unless I notice bad sheds...in which case to provide humid boxes.

You guys don’t need to worry about it. Humidity is always lower in the winter especially if you heat with something other than gas heat. But all in all you don’t need to worry about it. If you have consistent shedding problems, then you will want to look at moist hides or some of the other fixes. All snakes will have a bad shed from time to time and it is nothing to worry about. When I am changing my snake’s water if I notice that one of them is about to shed, I might spill a little water in his cage. Or not.

Agree with Wade. Don't sweat it unless a bad shed shows there a problem. In my flat, low ambient humidity outside the vivs doesn't seem to cause a problem for my Corns.

Back