• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Humidity Question

SexyHero

I know that during shedding a humity rise helps them get off the dead skin, but what should humity be at normally? (when not shedding) :shrugs:

SexyHero, what I use in my viv is eco earth its compressed coconut fiber expandable substrate. Just mix with water ring out and place in the viv. Its damp but not wet using this would bring up the humitity greatly. It will dry out after 3 weeks, but then all you do is remove all plants and your snake from the viv clear out anything but the substrate, then add more water to make it damp again. Cornsnakes love it because they can burrow in it very easily. I get it for $10 for three bricks, I only have used 2 of the three so far. Its been at least 6 months since Ive changed the bedding. I swear by this stuff that it is perfect. It give a more jungle feel to the viv.

Back