• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Humidity

8292tom

Steve-o just went into blue. My question is what range should I keep the humidity at in his viv ? I put in a humid hide which he has yet to use. I plan to cover the warmer half with saran wrap to keep in the humidity. I'm just not sure what level to keep the humidity at. This is our first shed.

If things are going well with your snakes, you really shouldn't have to do anything to increase humidity. I never even give my corns humidity hides, but I also live in Texas which couldn't be more humid. And I'm really not sure what it is like there in Pennsylvania, but putting in the humid hide certainly won't hurt.

The snakes should normally have humidity around 40-50%. Of course, increasing that by around 10% will never hurt to do during shedding periods.

I honestly wouldn't be too concerned if I were you, and I don't think I'd pull out the saran wrap just yet. If you'd like to monitor humidity, go out and buy a gauge. Also make sure the heat is working properly. Otherwise, everything should go well.

He'll use the humid hide if he needs it. I wouldn't worry about it otherwise - you may be trying to solve a problem that you don't have. All of mine are in a centrally-heated flat in the UK, probably with very little ambient humidity (I don't even monitor it). I can't remember when I last had a bad shed and I rarely even give them humid hides.

In your place, this time round I'd just wait and see what happens, then tweak things for his next shed if there's an issue.

Good luck - let us know how it goes. The first time for everything with a new Corn is a bit nerve-wracking!

really you shouldnt need to change anything too drastically to prepare for a shed, maybe a little extra water and the humidity should be about 60% and that should make for a good healthy shed:)

Back