• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hurt paw?

Jeri

noticed he seems to have a bad paw? hes 5 days old.. how can this happened? any advice what to do?

Attachments

• paw.JPG
    paw.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 55
I recently had an unexpected litter of dwarf hamsters. They were in the "fluffy" bedding. Each of them had the bedding wraped round their legs and paws so much that their legs fell off... Only one out of 7 is left.

I suggest you change the bedding you are using if its the fluffy stuff. Use paper bedding or newspaper.

am indeed using "fluffy" bedding, changed it already. thanks for fast reply.

would he be in any pain?

If he is just going to be a feeder, I would cull him now. The bedding obviously cut off the circulation to his paw. I'm sure it hurts, but no one can really tell. If you let him go on, his paw could fall off. :(

Jeri said:
am indeed using "fluffy" bedding, changed it already. thanks for fast reply.

would he be in any pain?

Most likley... the ones I had screamed the whole time, and thats how i found out i had dwarf babies.

Needless to say they were all swifty taken to the freezer.

I thought everybody knew that fluffy bedding was bad. I lost a couple rats earlier this year to that "eco bedding" which is supposed to be great and safe but the little accordion folded strips of kraft paper get stretched out and wrapped around pinky throats

What is "fluffy" bedding? Are you guys referring to that cotton stuff? Aspen is all I use for nesting material.

Back