• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hydrogen Peroxide, Poisonous?

deathtriforce

Hi, I was just wondering whether hydrogen peroxide is dangerous to snakes? I basically let my mice go for a swim inside a pool of hydrogen peroxide (they were dirty) and now their fur is yellow. I dont know if I should feel my snake these mice anymore.

I honestly can't figure out if you're joking or not....are you? No offense if you're not, I've just never heard of such a thing.

Do not feed the mice to your snake and just an F.Y.I cleaning the cage and not the mice is a better route, lol

haha I'm dead serious. No joke. Ok so hydrogen peroxide is bad for snakes, gotcha. I saw in another thread a way to euthanize mice by blindfolding and using a shotgun, you guys reccommend this method?!?!

yessss its very effective but you have to feed your snake very small pieces...if you can find them

LMHO! Um...I think there are easier ways to euthanize other than Crazy Wade's method...but if you do try that method, pics are required!

H2O2 is not poisonous, I've actually poured it directly into fish tanks for algae outbreaks, and I'm sure that by the time the mice have dried it would be perfectly fine...I just wasn't sure if you were messing with us or not. I'm old, so I'm easily confused. ;)

I might be one of the few that would say that if the mice survived it, the snakes would as well, BUT, I'm not one to condone feeding live mice past the fuzzy stage, so that's another thing to consider.

Whoa! I think you're getting ahead of yourself, I don't even know what ranking is. Anyways, I'm aspiring to learn, gonna go teach english in Japan next year, hopefully

LOL! Sorry...there's a member here with the user name Measley who is in Okinawa on a scholarship right now. Her photos are awesome. Good luck to you, hope it works out!

Oh I love it, a truly dumb question. Does anyone know why you can see fine with one eye when you’re drunk and two eyes are blurry? Back to the question ( both eye closed now) H2O2 is a very unstable molecule, much like me, that becomes water at the least infraction. ( I become aroused ) I can not imagine that dipping your mice in hydrogen peroxide would do anything more than bleach their hair and really piss them off.

Is can not one word?

Back