• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hygrometers

Momo

Hopeless Addict...
I have been looking at Hygrometers for my terrarium and I was wondering what kind seemed to work best for you guys that you would recommend getting? I am looking for digital ones but preferably ones that aren't too expensive. I appreciate your help! :D

Brittany

I just received this Zilla hygrometer/thermometer (from the same seller) and really like it so far: http://www.amazon.com/Zilla-Digital...8&s=home-garden&qid=1284880553&sr=8-1-catcorr

I like that it has a little pop-out stand so it can sit up on my desk where I can easily glance at it (also has a hole in the back for hanging). I also like the max/min function... When you press memory it tells you the maximum and minimum temps and humidity for the past some length of time... I think 24 hours, but I'd have to check on that to be sure.

This is the one I use in both my boa and corn cage. They are cheap (14.99) at our local hardware store. I just put some sticky velcro on the back and done, no problems and they are very accurate and digital (which I love). The only thing, make sure you put it in cage. There are other ones that have probes etc etc but, this seems to work great for me.

Forgive the temp and humidity numbers you see on this shot. I had just stuck it to the wall and it wasn't reading properly yet.

2ekn5lk.jpg

Bree said:
I just received this Zilla hygrometer/thermometer (from the same seller) and really like it so far: http://www.amazon.com/Zilla-Digital-...sr=8-1-catcorr

I like that it has a little pop-out stand so it can sit up on my desk where I can easily glance at it (also has a hole in the back for hanging). I also like the max/min function... When you press memory it tells you the maximum and minimum temps and humidity for the past some length of time... I think 24 hours, but I'd have to check on that to be sure.

Here is a link that gives much more info about it: http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/specialty-equipment/terrarium-hygrometer-thermometer.htm I didn't even know it had a calendar, too! I wish I hadn't absent-mindedly thrown my instructions away already, lol.

Thank you for the links! When I went onto the 2nd link I noticed that there is a .pdf file hyperlink for the instructions. I didn't open it cause Adobe always causes me problems. I hope that helps you out! :D

This is the one I use in both my boa and corn cage. They are cheap (14.99) at our local hardware store. I just put some sticky velcro on the back and done, no problems and they are very accurate and digital (which I love). The only thing, make sure you put it in cage. There are other ones that have probes etc etc but, this seems to work great for me.

Forgive the temp and humidity numbers you see on this shot. I had just stuck it to the wall and it wasn't reading properly yet.

2ekn5lk.jpg

If I got one without the probes where should I put it in the terrarium? I'm thinking close to the water bowl without having it get wet if the water spills. That would be where most of the humidity would be coming from correct? :shrugs:

Brittany

Put it away from the water bowl, you want to know the average humidity, not the most. :D

Thank you for the links! When I went onto the 2nd link I noticed that there is a .pdf file hyperlink for the instructions. I didn't open it cause Adobe always causes me problems. I hope that helps you out! :D

Aha! I didn't see that. Thanks!

Back