• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo charcoal?

KatLaz

A friend of mine is picking up a hypo charcoal corn for us in a week or so, and I was just wondering what those would generally be called? Phantom?.. or something like that?

Motley Phantom huh.. Humm.. Would love to see the picture of that one..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Paso doble ... first I've heard that my user name made someone think of that.:)
BTW My user name stems from my having Peruvian Paso horses (thus, the "Paso") and "dama" means lady/dame (I am female). You are not too far off, though, because, after all, "Paso" does mean "Step".;)

Phantoms can be found but a Phantom Motley is fairly rare.
This is why you have received questioning posts.
However, ... If you do, by chance, get a Phantom Motley ... I would love to see photos. Heck, I'd like to see pics even if it is not a Motley.:)

Please don't take me the wrong way.. If you have a phantom motley more kudos for you.. I am in agreement with Jeff though, there are so very few of them its like they don't exist pretty much..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

wow really? I had no idea they were so rare. All the info I have on him is coming from a friend of mine, so in all honestly he's prob just a charcoal/anery motley :rolleyes: I asked him quite a few times if he was sure he was hypo and not just normal, but he said he looks a lot lighter than a normal charcoal. We shall see though... I'll post pics when I get him, but from what y'all are saying I'm sure he's prob not phantom. Oh well... would be pretty neat if he is!

Pasodama... are the paso's the gaited horses? A friend of mine owns a paso ranch in TX and I went out there to ride a few times... can't remember exactly what they were but I know they had that really smooth gait. Very pretty horses.

Thanks guys! And I am by no means offended by the questioning... I'm completely new to corns and the different morphs and had no idea the rarity of certain morphs. Like I said... probably isn't phantom, but oh well... I've been wanting an anery anyways.

All the info I have on him is coming from a friend of mine, so in all honestly he's prob just a charcoal/anery motley :rolleyes: I asked him quite a few times if he was sure he was hypo and not just normal, but he said he looks a lot lighter than a normal charcoal.

Though both are Anerythristic, what is termed as "Anery", and what is termed as "Charcoal", are two different genes/types and are totally independent of one another.
Anery is "Anery A" and Charcoal is "Anery B".
It is possible that there is some confusion on what you are getting.
BTW As stated, a Hypo Charcoal is called a Phantom but a Hypo Anery is called a Ghost (both Ghosts, & Ghost Motleys, are abundant).

Pasodama... are the paso's the gaited horses?

There are two breeds of Pasos ... one is the Paso Fino and the other is the Peruvian Paso. Both are gaited breeds.:)

Like I said... probably isn't phantom, but oh well... I've been wanting an anery anyways.

Well, whichever morph you get, I'd still enjoy seeing pics.:)

The person he's getting him for said he's a hypo charcoal motley... at this point who knows! I'll def post pics, not only to show him off, but also to figure out exactly what he is.

Ok... so turns out the little guy is totally not what they were telling me.. but he's still very pretty and teensy. I would still like help ID'ing him... not sure if he's just plain anery or is a charcoal or what. Definitely not phantom, but still a very cute little guy.

Little head... only pic I could get in focus :rolleyes: of his face
IMG_1585.jpg

Body
IMG_1584.jpg

Belly
IMG_1582.jpg

No flash
IMG_1592.jpg

Anyone able to tell me what this little guy is? He just ate his first pink with me and is a great eater (thank goodness!)

Awesome, thanks guys! I figured he was just plain old anery after I saw him, but I've been wanting an anery anywho.

I would guess that's a very lovely little anery.. definitely nothing with that. He could be a charcoal.. it's so hard to tell with some of them. I have a charcoal who looks more like a ghost, but the breeder definitely knows his stuff, so I'll believe that he's just a very light charcoal... but it's one of the reasons that I don't want any anery blood in my charcoal breeding program if I can help it :)

It is an Anery.
Not a Charcoal ... if for no other reason/s, the irises are a light grey (rather than being dark), there is high contrast, and the head is lacking the characteristic blue of Charcoals.
Pretty baby though.:) Congrats!

Thanks pasodama! Yea the guy kept saying he was an anery charcoal... but apparently couldn't specify which. Once I saw him I knew he was probably anery and not charcoal, but he is a cutie! I'm very excited to see how he turns out... he's my first "colorless" corn!

Back