• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo Diffused Striped Pied Sided

Very nice ...!!!
itll be interesting to see if diffusion ( pied) will go higher on a stripe
That is sure what I thought would happen, BUT this year I hatched out 4 clutches from Bloodred het Striped PS, and only produced one Striped PS, with very low expression, similar to this one. I also did not produce a single regular PS from over 40 eggs.

I expected the Striped gene to HELP, bring up the white higher on the sides of PS, but the exact opposite happened. I started my project with a Don S PS x Rich H Striped Bloodred. It seems as if the project picked up something from the Rich H Bloodred, that pretty much blocks the expression of PS, OR I was thinking that with the combo of Striped PS, the Striped gene is dominant and partially blocks PS. PS is still a very mysterious phenotype to be sure.

Question: Did you produce any, or many regular PS from this project? I didn't produce a single one and should have produced several.

That is sure what I thought would happen, BUT this year I hatched out 4 clutches from Bloodred het Striped PS, and only produced one Striped PS, with very low expression, similar to this one. I also did not produce a single regular PS from over 40 eggs.

I expected the Striped gene to HELP, bring up the white higher on the sides of PS, but the exact opposite happened. I started my project with a Don S PS x Rich H Striped Bloodred. It seems as if the project picked up something from the Rich H Bloodred, that pretty much blocks the expression of PS, OR I was thinking that with the combo of Striped PS, the Striped gene is dominant and partially blocks PS. PS is still a very mysterious phenotype to be sure.

Question: Did you produce any, or many regular PS from this project? I didn't produce a single one and should have produced several.

Mmmmm interesting..!!! I'm sorry you only produced 1 pied sided good job it was a stripe though.. Looks amazing even if low pied !!! Good job!!!!

It will be interesting to see next year whether i can get many (if my project is up to size). Mine are from Don S pied and NOT Rich H blood stripe....

Hey Joe,
You'll be surprise but I actually hatched this little girl out of non pied sided line.

Hypo diffused striped het anery amel x classic het hypo diffused striped anery

the male came from breeding a fire striped het anery amel (pierce and hume) x classic het hypo diffused striped anery

Hey Joe,
You'll be surprise but I actually hatched this little girl out of non pied sided line.

Hypo diffused striped het anery amel x classic het hypo diffused striped anery

the male came from breeding a fire striped het anery amel (pierce and hume) x classic het hypo diffused striped anery
I am not that surprised. I have hatched out PS from several Bloodred lines when bred to a Don S PS. I guess it is like testing for any other genes, you need to KNOW the PS gene is in the mix or get lucky.

I do not believe you can produce PS from any Bloodred line. I think you could selectively breed some Bloodred lines until the end of time and not produce PS. It seems as a minimum, we have Diffused and PS at the same locus. The pheno differences are just too extreme to be the same gene.

I will post some photos of the Striped Bloodreds from my Bloodred het Striped PS x Same in this thread when I get time. Some of them look quite different than regular Striped Bloodreds. I suspect they are actually Striped PS, but without white expression. They are just cleaner, brighter and more cherry red like PS are over Bloodreds.

Perhaps there is some sort of dominant gene that lays down a layer of color/base on Corns that we don't know about that is a shield and/or blocks the expression of white on PS.

If this is the case, Het Shield x same would only give you 1 in 4 chance to produce a PS. If you had Homo Shield x het Shield you couldn't produce a PS from that mix. It may be similar to Yellow Factor (AKA Yellow Disease or Buff). Once you get it in your mix it is very hard to get rid of. This may be why we need to breed closely related PS together to produce PS. They are not carrying the Shield Disease.

I guess this hypothesis tears down the Diffused/PS allele theory. We are going to figure out PS one of these days. I think Striped PS with high expression may be possible. I just saw an awesome high expression Motley PS posted on Face book, in one of the Corn Snake groups. It is as sweet as it gets!

Back