• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo Lavender stripe & ??

reptile_jones

The pairing was my hypo het lavender stripe X hypo het lavender stripe. This is the 3rd year they were paired together. Whats got me puzzled is the 3 different colored stripes. One is hypo stripe. Another one is hypo Lavender stripe but two of them have an odd amount of red to them.

hypogroup7.jpg

hypogroup6-1.jpg

hypobabis.jpg

Hypobabis2.jpg

More photo are coming!

Apparently, your adults are also het for Amel, which would mean you are seeing Striped Hy-Binos and sould also see Hypo Opal Stripes.

Nice variety clutch !!

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Apparently, your adults are also het for Amel, which would mean you are seeing Striped Hy-Binos and sould also see Hypo Opal Stripes.

Nice variety clutch !!

Walter

Thanks for takeing the time to commit. Your input is appreciated.

That is what I was thing too. Here is what is puzzling me. first This would be the 1st time the Amel showed it self in 3 years of breeding but then again it's the 1st time for hypo lavender stripe. 2nd they all seem to have ruby eye's and not red/pink.

As you can see in the photo not all the egg's have hatched. I did cut them to make sure they were able to get out when ready. I can see that two of them are stripe with one be like the "opal stripe".

I would do a back flip over the moon if they are hypo opal stripe!

Thanks for takeing the time to commit. Your input is appreciated.

I would do a back flip over the moon if they are hypo opal stripe!

You are very welcome and BTW, you might want to get ready for that back flip because ANY and ALL Opals that come from that breeding are actually Hypo Opals seeing the parents are both Hypo.

Don't get any moon dust on ya.........LOL

Walter

You are very welcome and BTW, you might want to get ready for that back flip because ANY and ALL Opals that come from that breeding are actually Hypo Opals seeing the parents are both Hypo.

Don't get any moon dust on ya.........LOL

Walter

The possible Hypo stripe opal is going to be a keeper and I'm naming it Moon Dust. :cheers:

Nice results you got there Dusty!

Interesting pattern on the one that looks to go from motley to banded...very cool...:cheers:

All of them seems to have some blue colors over there eyes and thats what defenetly says no amel involfed. I htink they are very colorful hypo stripes.

but a verry pretty result so far ;)

Nice results you got there Dusty!

Interesting pattern on the one that looks to go from motley to banded...very cool...:cheers:

Thanks! This pair seem to throw odd patterns and this clutch had the oddiest! I'll post pic after they shed.

All of them seems to have some blue colors over there eyes and thats what defenetly says no amel involfed. I htink they are very colorful hypo stripes.

but a verry pretty result so far ;)

Thanks! That is what i belive was the puzzling part. The body suggest that amel is in the mix but the eye color said other wise. The joy of breeding corn snake's!

Can't be a normal since both parents are homo hypo. Could just be different coloring like you can get between normals in a clutch or the redder of the two could 'red factor'???

Looks like a nice problem Dusty! lol

I had a similar clutch this year (stripe het hypo lav x hypo lav stripe) and got 3 hypo stripe babies. One of them, like yours, is especially red, mucth redder than the other 2. Don't know if there's anything going on with it other than natural variation, but definitely cool looking! Your babies also have convinced me it's possible the lav stripes could be hypo lav stripes...they're darker than i thought they would be!

Can't be a normal since both parents are homo hypo. Could just be different coloring like you can get between normals in a clutch or the redder of the two could 'red factor'???

Looks like a nice problem Dusty! lol

That is what I was thinking to. I just want to hear what other have to say. In fact I like the ideal that it's a "high red" hypo. Their were two in the clutch and I'm keeping both.

I had a similar clutch this year (stripe het hypo lav x hypo lav stripe) and got 3 hypo stripe babies. One of them, like yours, is especially red, mucth redder than the other 2. Don't know if there's anything going on with it other than natural variation, but definitely cool looking! Your babies also have convinced me it's possible the lav stripes could be hypo lav stripes...they're darker than i thought they would be!

Got Pic's? I would love to see them if it's no problem.

Back