• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo or nomal bloodred????

FireDrake

Scaled For Your Pleasure
I bought this snake as a hypo bloodred and when I got her I didnt believe it. Now she has shed twice and I am thinking, yeah I can see hypo maybe. I still really like her regardless, and at the very least if she isnt really hypo she is het for it. I wanted to know what yall think.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 151613s.JPG
    151613s.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 121817s.JPG
    121817s.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 121826s.JPG
    121826s.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 172404s.JPG
    172404s.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 172528s.JPG
    172528s.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 100
Looks like a Hypo Blood to me... :shrugs: Course I can see your concern, I have a regular Bloodred that is similar in color and I know her background has no Hypo in it.

Beautiful either way, I suppose the best way to tell will be through breeding to find out. :cheers:

Yea, so I didn't help you on your question at all... :rolleyes:

If the purchase was from a reputable breeder I wouldn't be concerned. Where the black would be mostly concentrated it appears to be muted and very limited. :cheers:

well, the snake had a ton of black when I got her, I have a bloodred from VMS who is the same age and shows almost no black, so comparing the two confused the hell out of me. And the breeder, and I wont name names, was rude when questioned. They said the father was hypo bloodred and mother bloodred het hypo, therefore this snake is hypo bloodred. Which I know is not entirely accurate, that pairing can produce bloodreds het hypo just as easily. So I just dropped it, figuring at the very least I have a het bloodred. But like I said she has shed a couple times now and the black is going away and she is looking more hypoish. I think. :shrugs: LOL

Sarah

A few years ago I ordered a pair of hypo bloodreds from Rich Z, the female started out very bright with little black. The male started out much darker than her, but after a couple of sheds it became very obvious that he too was a hypo. Yours is actually starting to look a lot like him, it's probably just within the normal variation for hypos.

Back