• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo Pewter..

red_dragon

Sinds i fell in love with Pewters, and the first dutch pewters hatched, i wonderd if something as a hypo pewter excisted, or if anybody had tried to make one. Pewter are awesome, but when they will have even less black, they'll be outragous:D

I have heard talk that they are in the works.
"Silver" Pewters, I believe is the in house name.

There are Lava X Pewter eggs incubating, but they will be years off. "Ice" Pewters sounds good.

Mercury is the same color as Silver so that would work. At least the metal, not the planet! LOL We could drop the Pewter part , since they won’t be pewter colored any more and go with just Mercury Corns. Even, Silver Corns would work as well.

Mercury Bloods, Silver Bloods, they all sound like I need some! It will be out of my hands, I am sure. It is very interesting to try to come up with possible names for new morphs and it will be even more interesting to see which ones stick! It would be just as cool to come up with a name suggestion that someone else used as it would be to do the naming yourself. Mercury Bloods sounds as good as Ice Bloods. I will have to remember that.

cool name! i hope to see one this year, maybe next, i mean, theyre must be someone having the idea way back?

Don S and I have talked about it and if Rich Z hasn't started them already I would be extremely surprised.

If I recall correctly, Rich hatched one out last year, but it didn't make it...

-Kat

I think Sterling corns would be a good name for Hypo Pewters. Sterling (silver) would be a good visual clue as to the coloration of the animal, and in days past, Sterling silverware was the next step up from the pewterware used in more "everyday settings."

Besides, "Sterling corns" has a nice ring to it, in my opinion. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! lets' not call them Sterling bloodreds, though...

We don't say "pewter bloodreds," so let's not start something we may regret later on. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

:eek:

What if these strange Pewters of mine have Hypo in them ;)

232AnotherStrangeBloodred-16.jpg

Another three years to find out..LOL

The pewters that I had for Don Soderberg, which we both thought were possibly homozygous for hypo, had a great profusion of PINK in their sides, but no yellow. Don may still have his few babies, but the female I held back for myself died last year, unfortunately.

Did you make any pictures then Darin? I have looked over Don's Anery Bloodreds and these have some of the most amazing pink color. Like this one: (Copyright Don Soderberg)

blan005.JPG

Here is a fairly bad shot of her. Mind you, she was only a hatchling, but the pink in her was really beginning to show through.

The anery A bloodreds that Don has are stunning, but those colors appear to show up overwhelmingly among males rather than females. This pewter of mine was a female, so who knows if she was actually homozygous for hypo or what???

attachment.php

I think this one could be a special one too. This is in my opinion definatly a Pewter. But with small amouont of black:

DefinatlyPewter-14.jpg

Actually I have a few Hypo Pewters around here. The very first one I hatched out (two years ago?) didn't make it, but I have since had some that have survived. Yeah, I know, you all would like to see photos of them. Someday when I get time......

Rich hatched out a Hypo pewter as early as 2001, I think. IIRC the first one he hatched did not survive though. :(

My guess is that they will be a bit lighter in color than Charcoal Ghosts. If that's the case, they will not "be" pink, but they will have a fleshy pink inner glow to them, which should be a neat thing.

In 2003 I produced 2.2 charcoals het hypo pewter. I also bought 1.1 2003 bloods het hypo pewter. By 2006, I hope to hatch some hypo pewters. (They're 1 in 16 per egg, no matter how I pair up the 3.3)

Hopefully, the use of multiple bloodlines will work to my advantage. I can produce hypo pewters without inbreeding. I also have a clutch of (also unrelated) normals het for pewter and poss het hypo. Some of them will eventually find their way into the hypo pewter project, too. :)

If things work out reasonably well, by 2010 I should be breeding Hypo Pewter X Hypo Pewter to produce full clutches of them, as well as working the 3rd bloodline in, producing more new stock. :D

Marcel, If I remenber correctly from seeing a lot of your past posts your bloodreds where on the lighter and brighter side. To stae the obvious, It would seem to me that lighter bloods would produse lighter pewters. Just a thought. do you think that could be the case?
Jason B.

Rich Z said:
Actually I have a few Hypo Pewters around here. The very first one I hatched out (two years ago?) didn't make it, but I have since had some that have survived. Yeah, I know, you all would like to see photos of them. Someday when I get time......

A photo would be sweet!!!!!

It seems to me that they would be much lighter than any of the Pewters we have seen. Sterling Corns seems to me the color they should be. Much more like a "Ghost" type corn with a metallic sheen.

Jason,

Both of the parents are not particulair light colored I think. I thik they are average red colored.

BloodredHetPewter.jpg

232EggLaying-06.jpg

Marcel, I have probably seen more pictures of you bloods then any others and enjoyed them as I have all your posts. The first time I saw bloodreds was back in the late 80s I believe and they where a lot darker then. I have read post explaining why (the outbreeding ect.) as I'm sure you have. I probably still have that earlier bloodred image in mind when I see yours and think of them as light. I could go to breeder sites and compare, but they will probably have thier darkest bloodreds pictured.I would be currious to know others pewters came from darker bloodred stock though.Wether they are hypo pewters or anything else, they look awesome. congrats

Back