• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo plasma or fire plasma?

proreptile

Proreptile
Hello
I got these guys out of a plasma hetero hypo x plasma . (picture taken wright out of the egg)
Or these guys are hypo plasmas, or it or fire plasmas ( if it should be the fact that the albino gene was sneeking in.. Allthough Rich never got albino effects his litters.
What do you guys think ? The eyes are actually darker then albino eyes.

Besides this, I also got lots of kinking, maybe better to do hetero x plasma next year.

Attachments

• hypoplasma1 (Small).JPG
    hypoplasma1 (Small).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 203
  • hypoplasma2 (Small).JPG
    hypoplasma2 (Small).JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0867 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0867 (Small).JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 204
If the eyes are darker than albino eyes then it cannot be amel based - amel removes all black pigment, so the eyes of an amel based snake are as pale as you're getting.

Is the kinking linked to genetics, or your incubation temps?

I don't know the circumstances of the OP's animals.. My opinion, is that kinking can and does happen in three ways..One being incubation, the other being an escape mode ( picking the hatchling up, its scared and tries to flee twisting its fairly fresh back bones, and third is genetic.. I suspect in most cases we are looking at the first two to happen a lot more often than genetic kinking, although I would not rule out the last eithier..

Regards. Tim of T and J

I don't know the circumstances of the OP's animals.. My opinion, is that kinking can and does happen in three ways..One being incubation

How can kinking be related to incubation ? Too high or to low temperature or start or end too high/low ? Too long time due to low temp ?

As far as I heard there must be a sensitive period on which the snakes spinal region is especially influenced by (too) warm conditions. That results in pattern variations (eg some "not genetic" aztecs) and, in worst cases, in spinal deformations -> perhaps some reason for kinking.

I'm sorry I don't have the paper ready :shrugs:
Perhaps it was on other captive bred snakes, but in 2007 I heard from 9 cases in cornsnakes just by the way looking in forums and the web, not actively searching, so I do think there is some kind of relation also in cornsnakes.

Real evidence would require some research and testing, bit who would willingly breed corns at "too" high temps to produce kinks, deformities or open spines? :nope:

Hello
I think kinking is mostly genetic.
If I get kinks, the lavender gene is mostly involved.
Somethimes I get perfect lavenders out of a clutch, and then an other one is just full of kinks.
I used some other males this year ( like lavender x plasma) and with these I got no kinks.
Also with bloodred x plasma, with so many babies, no kinks.
I think when you do lavender x lavender, with animals out of the same clutch, it's up to no good.
It cannot be the fact of themperature in my case, as other clutches just hatch out perfect.
Now I mostly do hetero x lavender breedings. For example normal hetero hypo lavender x hypo lavender, man , these hypo lavenders I hatch out of these are 2 times bigger then others, and VERY nice.
I think it is just in the genes.
I do not know what to think about the upper animals. I hatch out hypo lavenders just the same, with the same eyes as these. There is almost no difference in colour. I think I just have to keep them a few months and see how they devellop.

mveverest mentioned..

How can kinking be related to incubation ? Too high or to low temperature or start or end too high/low ? Too long time due to low temp ?

Then Talinea answered it before I could read the thread with...

As far as I heard there must be a sensitive period on which the snakes spinal region is especially influenced by (too) warm conditions. That results in pattern variations (eg some "not genetic" aztecs) and, in worst cases, in spinal deformations -> perhaps some reason for kinking.

I think kinking is mostly genetic.If I get kinks, the lavender gene is mostly involved.Somethimes I get perfect lavenders out of a clutch, and then an other one is just full of kinks.I used some other males this year ( like lavender x plasma) and with these I got no kinks.

Probably a good idea.. If your getting kiny clutches from the same animals all the time, that is probably a good indicator that something is wrong in the genetic part in your group..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back