• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hypo..

red_dragon

might be a stupid qeustion but, what would a snake, homozygious for both caramel, amel and hypo look like?

I wonder though ...

Hypo, when introduced to snows (anery a and amel) produce an animal that is extremely pinkish in its appearance, hence the name "coral snow," as it is called by some.

If caramel is truly another variant of anerythrism (as I have heard some call it "anery c" I think), then perhaps introducing hypo to a butter would have more effect than first comes to mind. I mean, who would have thought that hypo would affect snows as it appears to do?

Then again, maybe nothing at all unusual would come from it. Even so, it would be nice to have animals capable of throwing butters, ambers, and caramels all int he same clutch.

Interesting thought ...

:rolleyes:

Well, that's something you'll have to weight out for yourself, unfortunately. If you are willing to take the risk that they will look like nothing more spectacular than "simple" butters, and you want to hatch out a clutch of butters, then sure. If not, and you are hoping only to have something new and spectacular that no one has ever before seen, then I'm afraid you may be in for a disappointment.

Beyond that, I really can't help you out much. Sorry.

hmmm

no difference from my point of view. i´ve a pair

0.1 caramel het. amel & hypo
1.0 amber het. amel

both from 1999 which should give a 1/16 chance for hypobutter. no difference ever seen, and of course if there could be one, the u.s. breeders would sell them over years now.

rgds

camus

Back