• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I can't believe it!!!

JeanH

I'm sooo happy right now. I found my snake!!!!!

In her viv I have this castle that is really made for fish. But it made a neat hide. Little did I know she could squeeze all the way to the top. I turned that thing upside down and all. Shined a lite but didn't see her. Now that has been sitting on my floor for the past day and half. For some reason, not sure why, I decided to take another look at it. And there she WAS!! She is all the way in the top of it. And being that she is grey and its grey I probably missed her. I'm sooo happy..I can't stand it right now. lol!

Now do you guys think I should remove the castle when she comes out or keep it in there since she obviously likes it?? lol!

I'm going to try and get her out with one of the pinkies I have left. I know she's hungry.

Thank you all for your good wishes!!!!

Jean

Glad you found your snake. Your sure she isnt stuck right?

I would just keep it. She likes it, why remove it?

Congrats. Glad that you found your snake. I would keep the castle...especially if she likes it. Just remember that if you can't find her, to look more closely in the castle.

Let us know if you can get her out of there

Very glad to hear you found your lil one. I personally wouldn't worry about the castle, pretty soon I don't think she'll be able to even get in it.

Quigs

My little snake does the same thing in her aquarium rock I have. It is fake, and is hollow from the bottom. I knew she would hide there and that is where I always find her. Sometimes I have to really coax her to come out to eat! Glad you found her.

Thanks! Yes picking up all the hides and stuff was fun.

I almost had her out of the castle. I put a fresh thawed one and as I was slowly pulling the pinkie to get her a little further out the stupid phone rang and I jumped making her retreat. I think she might be just a tad bit stressed. So I think i'm going to put the castle back in and put the pinks on a paper towel and see if she will drop down and out for it.

Your right about her not going to be able to fit in there soon because the opening is as big as my little finger and that about the size of her. She might not be able to fit back in there once she eats.

Jean

I hate when that happens!

I have a little log that was also made for a fish tank. I looks great in the viv though, and she loves to climb over it. There came a day when i couldnt find her anywhere, and the next day i found her wayyyy up inside the little log. Needless to say, I was overjoyed! To remedy this problem I cleared away the substrate and stuck the bottom of the log on the glass of the viv and then piled the substrate around it, thus the snake cannot wedge herself into the log, but she can still climb all over it.

I just had a scare to. Wanted to get my bloodred out. However, he wasn't under one of the two hides. I flipped. Then i felt the paper roll (same diameter as a toilet roll, but longer) and he was in there. Unbelievable in what tight spaces snakes manage to crawl. There not claustrophobic thats for sure.

Sorry to be a spoil sport...but i would take the castle out. I don't like having stuff in my cages that make it so I cannot get my snakes out when I want or need to.

How about just to tickle her? My snake tends to get *really* stuck hiding in the fake vine. As in: "I ain't going anywere lady!!!". A quick tickle makes him run for another cover where i can more easely retrieve him.

Shed'n my skin - I hope you find your motely

Well she finally came out of the castle. I put it on its side last night and she was out and about when I got up. I did take the castle out. I'm just not comfy not being able to get her if I had too. In its place I put a med size hollow fake rock thing. Then on my way home I stopped by the store and picked up food and one of those silk plants that are long with the leaves. I attached it to the back corner and runs along the back. She was climbing all around it. On a good note she was starving, she ate 2 pinkies! gobbled them up in about 5 mins. I think that's what made her finally come out.

Jean

Back