• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

i don't think my snake has moved in 3 days...

mazzy

granted, i might have just not seen her move. 3 month old snake, i got her a week and a half ago. fed her a pinkie for the first time on saturday and since then she's just been curled up in a corner by the heat pad under some paper towels (substrate). which seems about right to me. but i don't think she's moved and i don't know if she's had any water. should i pick her up and show her where the water is? i know they're nocturnal but usually she'll be in a different part of the tank in the morning. i still think she might be getting ready to shed - she was very dull looking on saturday but seems a bit brighter now. any advice?

thanks.

Snakes tend to remain still while digesting. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

They will find water. They do it in the wild and they also do it in captivity. Snakes really don't drink as much as you think they do, so not catching them in the act is really not a surprise.

CAV said:
Snakes tend to remain still while digesting. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

They will find water. They do it in the wild and they also do it in captivity. Snakes really don't drink as much as you think they do, so not catching them in the act is really not a surprise.

thanks. i figured as much but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. when should i expect her to defecate? she did something while in the feeding cage, but i think it was urine.

and a kind of gross question, but what is waste supposed to look like? i ask specifically because she was housed on calcisand at the pet store and i later found out that can cause some problems.

It is good that you did not disturb the snake for a few days after feeding. That could possibly stress it and cause regurgitation. At this point it should be safe for you to pick it up and introduce it to the water bowl, even allowing it to drink while in your hand. Clearing up is natural for a snake about to shed. Your snake is going to shed any day now. My hatchlings always hide and come out during some evenings. After they eat you will see them less because they are digesting and resting.

Bill Black said:
It is good that you did not disturb the snake for a few days after feeding. That could possibly stress it and cause regurgitation. At this point it should be safe for you to pick it up and introduce it to the water bowl, even allowing it to drink while in your hand. Clearing up is natural for a snake about to shed. Your snake is going to shed any day now. My hatchlings always hide and come out during some evenings. After they eat you will see them less because they are digesting and resting.

thanks for you input. i appreciate it. :) first feeding and first shedding at about the same time is kind of exciting.

If you have the Cornsnake manual they tell about what the poop looks like on page 8 I think it is. It will be brown semi-solids with white and maybe some yellow. As they move up into the larger mice, you might also see some hair in it.

MegF. said:
If you have the Cornsnake manual they tell about what the poop looks like on page 8 I think it is. It will be brown semi-solids with white and maybe some yellow. As they move up into the larger mice, you might also see some hair in it.

ah. i do have it but i forgot to look. thanks!

Back