• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I feel bad!!

Brooklynyte

Hi all, got my new baby Blizzard today around noon... I came home on my lunch break to put him in his viv, but the substrate I was using (Desert Blend) was no good, after reading up it says that its not that good for corns, so in order to change the substrate (to cypress) I had to take him out of his tank, the first time I went for him he took a strike at me, I waited a few minutes and then picked him up, he was fine, trying to explore, crawling on me. When it came time to put him back in the little dish he came in I had somewhat of a hard time getting him in there, but I did it. Now he's very jumpy with me, I mean its only been like 15 minutes since I put him back in his viv but he's still a little cautious with me which is understandable lol. Now he's active, hanging out on the hydrgrometer curled up on top of it. I havent went near him again yet but I hope he doesnt hold a grudge lol. Should I put a shirt of mine with my scent on it inside the cage?

I quess you could but i would just wait a few days to settle and the start holding him regally and he will get to know your scent. Good luck

Congrats! I'd let him settle in for 3-4 days before trying to handle him again. Even after that, I'd limit handling to a 10-15 minute session every couple of days. Don't handle him at all for at least 48 hours after feeding. Maybe in about a month, when his feeding schedule is established, and he's more comfortable, you can increase handling time and frequency. Good luck. :)

Back